Chapter 6 - Crazy Logic? Or Just Smart Thinking?

Ryan’s POV

I watched Aria leave the building from the safety of my car.

Her curly dark hair bounced as she strutted from the apartment building into the car park. I think that if we had met we would be good friends. She not only loved Max, but according to him she was interesting and fun to hang out with.

I realised that we could be friends if Max and I came out as a couple.

I scrubbed that thought from my mind and got out of my car, making my way into the building.

I had to talk to Max, and I dreaded the conversation, but I needed to do it tonight.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I knocked on the door and it opened to an amazing sight.

Max stood a few inches taller than me, his dark hair wet, a tight white shirt and jeans hugging his glorious body. Water was soaked through his shirt and he looked sexy as hell.

Max noticed my gawking, ‘You thinking naughty thoughts?’

Well now I was.

Thanks for that, you gloriously sexy man.

‘Nope,’ I said seriously, walking past him into the room, of which I deserved a medal or an award or something, to resist that sexy masterpiece.

I turned around once I was in the room and his face looked sad. Why was he sad?

Maybe it was because I just beat his ass at acting. Pretending I wasn’t interested in that body for a second was Oscar worthy in my opinion.

Boo-Yah. Where’s my award?

His face was still sorrowful so I walked back over to him, ‘you alright?’

He ignored my question walking past me into his living room, taking a seat on the cream couch.

Well, that was rude.

I followed sitting down next to him.

‘What did you want to talk about?’ he asked, but his voice sounded distant.

Oh right, I have to be serious. Calm down thoughts, serious conversation going on.

‘I uh, I wanted to talk about what you said on the phone.’

‘Oh’ was all he replied with, and I could feel my heart hammering in my chest. Would he want to break up with me if I didn’t want to come out as a couple? All my crazy and happy thoughts went out the window when I saw the look in his eyes. I couldn’t lose him.

‘I, I uh.’

I looked down at my lap. How do I say this? Disappoint him?

‘Ryan? Are you crying?’

I was about to say no, but then I recognised the feeling of a few stray tears streaming down my cheeks and I realised how scared I was that he was going to break up with me.

I threw myself into his arms and buried my face into his chest, he seemed shocked and didn’t respond, but after a few seconds he did, holding me close and letting me cry.

He pulled away after a minute, ‘Why are you upset?’

‘I can’t come out as a couple with you yet. I’m so sorry, I just can’t’ I told him, and he looked surprised. I braced for the worst, but something else happened.

‘You’re not breaking up with me?’

I pulled back hard, what?! He thought I was going to break up with him? I would have to be on many, many drugs for that to happen, or partying with Claudia, considering the amount of drugs she and Zach take on a regular basis, imagine partying with them? I could feel my liver failing at the thought.