Chapter 9 - The Devil's Russian Counterpart

Ryan’s POV

I sleepily made my way out of Claudia’s guest room and walked down the giant staircase to the kitchen, wearing just my black boxers.

I had expected only Claudia to be here so I wasn’t worried, I had seen her pretty much naked on numerous occasions, because apparently drunk and high people love to just take their clothes off and traumatise their gay friends by prancing around the house.

I entered the kitchen and was surprised to see an extremely attractive man, flipping eggs in her kitchen. I sat down on the stool and looked suspiciously at this man.

‘Good Morning,’ He said to me cheerfully, a French accent coming through, was it French?, anyway, I wasn’t really paying attention, being more interested in the muscles hiding under his tight black t-shirt.

Mm this glorious stranger was quite beautiful, his dark brown hair was swept away from his strong tanned face.

‘Breakfast?’ he asked, flipping a pancake.

Was this gorgeous man here to make me breakfast then kill me?

He was a stranger. Stanger’s in houses equal murders? Right?

Had he broken into the house and decide that he was hungry?

Interesting.

‘Did you rob the place before you started cooking? Or are you planning to do it after? Because I can help if it’s after. Claudia has some god-awful stuff in her closet that I would just love to get rid of’

‘I’m sorry what?’ the hot man asked.

‘You’re pretty dumb for a burglar, it was a simple question. Geeze.’  I huffed, this guy seemed to be missing some brains, but don’t worry, his body made up for it.

‘Are you on drugs?’ He laughed, leaning forward to inspect me.

Gosh this robber was stupid, he should be thanking me for trying to help him. Gosh people are ungrateful these days.

‘Just trying to help Mr Robber.’

‘I’m not going to rob the place,’ he laughed, ‘I’m the new Chef.’

Oh.

Yeah that makes sense.

‘BACON!’ I yelled, suddenly noticing the plate of bacon sitting on the bench. I reached over and grabbed a handful, stuffing it in my mouth.

‘Is your friend on crack?’ The glorious burglar, wait, chef, said to someone behind me.

‘Uh, nah, he just gets like this when he has to spend a whole day in public being normal. This is like his 'normal' detoxing period.’

I swung on the bench chair to see Claudia, a silk bath robe tied around her.

She came and sat down next to me.

‘Pete, this is Ryan, my boyfriend.’

‘Nice to meet you Sir,’ he stuck his hand out to shake mine.

‘No time – bacon,’ I said stuffing another piece of bacon into my mouth.

Heaven.

Yumm.

Bacon.

There was a pile of magazines on the bench and Claudia reached over to grab one, turning to me and laughing ‘I see that someone got lucky last night.’

‘I see someone stayed off the drugs last night’ I whispered, patting her head like a good doggy. I was about to call her my good doggy when she laughed.