Build Limps: Part 1

(a/n) = Aunt's Name

(u/n) = Uncle's Name

(m/n) = Mum's Name

--

An explosion like sound ringed through the phone. It was obvious that

Ms. Mizuno died...

--

I went to the hospital to make sure that my theory was true. Without a doubt, she died in the elevator when the engine broke and the rope snapped. Making the cart with Ms. Mizuno crash hard on the ground below. Ending her life.

I told my grandparents and Reiko about it. They were sad to hear the news. The next day, our homeroom teacher mourns over her. Then Mei walks in. I watch her walk to her desk, noticing that she was staring at (y/n) the whole way.

(y/n) had her head down as she looks at her bandages. I read a little of her journal. It appeared to be when she was seven to around ten years old. All I read was;

Hello again,

It's been a while hasn't it, that I wrote on these pages.

It happened again, dad being drunk with uncle. Riku doing the chores and getting beaten sometimes. Then there's me, hiding in my room, wanting my father to go to jail after what he and Uncle did.

At school, I get bullied. Today the mean girls took my lunch and put it in the toilet and my bag in the trash while everyone calls me an animal. Calling me Cow-Chan.

They even draw me as a cow, farting and covered in mud. It hurts me seeing that. I did nothing to deserve this. At least I still have Poppy and Aunty. Dad is now stomping his way here, maybe he will play wit-

It finishes there with a line going down. What did her father do before and after this entry? Who knows what happened. As the bell rang, I walk over to Mei. "So, she really did die" I tell her. Taking her by surprise. "Mizuno's sister died in an accident yesterday" I added she just went back to staring through the window.

I notice people's stares, if they're not (y/n)'s, not I don't bother worrying. We went to art class. Going some self-sketches. Sitting across from me was (y/n). She was drawing while I was thinking of her getting hurt. I hope it never comes to that.

"I wonder what's wrong with Ms. Mikami today" Yuuya whispers to me. Getting my attention. "I'm starting to think that she really be sick, she wasn't looking very well, I hope she doesn't... oh hey, Sakakibara" Yuuya asked after adding his suspicion. "Do you think that Ms. Mikami has a life-threatening sickness do you" he asks. "Or with the events happening, she is shocked or might have caught a flu bug" (Y/n) bud in as she places her drawing down. "Your probably right, I guess" Yuuya smiled as he went on with his task.

I spot (y/n)'s drawing. It was me and her when she stayed at my house. I blushed at her talent. "What did (Y/n) drew" Yuuya asked as I hid it. "It's nothing, okay" I blushed as he shrugged it off. I look over to see (y/n) in deep thought. Then caught me staring at her. "Kouichi, follow me please" she said as she grabbed her drawing book.

"Where are you two going" Yuuya ask us as (y/n) turned and smiled. "Just some research, nothing to worry about" I got the hint, we were going to the library.

--

I sat down with the photo album in front of me. (Y/n) sat beside me. I flipped through the pages, seeing the old student who attended this school. "Who am I kidding, of course I won't find Misaki's name here" I said in doubt. I turn the next page and saw my mother, who was on the second row.