Chapter Seven

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****************

...

Chapter Seven

After the incident with Blade, i have been trying to avoid him as much as possible. He made it surprisingly easy, but something told me he was avoiding me as well.

Although I still caught the occasional looks he send my way during lunch, or science, I managed to convince myself i felt nothing towards him.

The feelings I had gotten when I neared him on Monday lay still unexplained. I don't know where those shots of pleasure and pure fire  had been hurled from nor why but I decided to simply ignore it and move on.

Probably a shifted wolf thing that i haven't heard about, I had thought to myself to ease my surfacing tension.

Things were more worst than they've ever been at home. Mom and dad were constantly arguing, their angry words laced with desperation crossing each separating wall in the house until reaching my ears.

Jason and Amanda still came by everyday to collect the things from Jason's room and what's worst about it all was not the fact that he was leaving me, but more the fact that he knew how bad things are in the house and he chose to let me deal with it alone.

It was pretty clear that our family was falling apart slowly bit by bit.

I didn't know just how rapidly that would be happening until Thursday, at four am.

I had been already awake, listening to my mom and dad's voices as they crossed each other, angrily hurling and practically venomous.

It was  when mom decided to recite the time she had caught dad cheating on her when things fell silent.

But not for long.

I heard things being thrown and hurled with force.

Heavy footsteps around the house and than something loud.

The sound of a slamming door.

Dad had left the house.

I didn't cry that night, but I did hear my mother do so and as I tried to sleep, I cursed Jason silently for letting me witness this alone.

I decided to get out of bed at six am to take a run through the forest.

After all, i haven't shifted since Friday night.

I jumped out of my window, just for the hell of it and stripped down to nothing.

I focused on what dad had told me.

Leap up into the air and let your inner wolf take over physically.

Imagine the soft fur as it engulfs your body and your senses improving.

And so I did as I had been told and leaped up into the air, focussing on imagining.

Before I knew it, I felt my body changing.

Shifting.

I fell on all fours, gracefully and perfectly. I ran into the forest, passing green trees and muddy shrubs.

The more I ran, the more energy was pumped into my system.

It was the best feeling, being out in nature and feeling the pure air refreshing my body.