Chapter 27

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!
****

Chapter 27

Em's pov

Jace stopped right by my house, smiling lightly as an attempt to lighten the tense atmosphere.

"Sorry," I began," for what happened today. You really didn't have to miss lunch to get me some pills."

"It's cool, the important thing is that you're okay."

"Thanks for the ride, I probably made you miss next peroid."

"A break from Mr. Jeff? I should be thanking you."

I laughed," No problem then."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah," I muttered nervously, already knowing what the question will be.

The tensing of the atmosphere became as noticeable as it grew thicker.

"Why was Blade Russell so concerned for you? Isn't he an enemy?"

"It's...It's complicated."

He smiled," It's alright if you'd rather not talk about it. I was just curious."

I breathed a sigh of relief," Thanks."

"No problem."

"So do you want to meet tomorrow at the school's main entrance? At three?"

"Will you be alright?"

"Probably."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, there's no need to worry, I'll just get tons of sleep tonight and try to get rid of the ugly bags underneath my eyes. I look gross."

"Make sure to eat waffles that aren't expired okay?"

I laughed as I exited the car," I'll try."

"See ya tomorrow."

"See ya," I replied, turning to leave until his voice stopped me.

"Oh, by the way," he said," I think you're pretty even with all those bags."

He drove off leaving me standing there, blushing like an idiot.

I headed inside a minute later to the realization that no one was home. I ran upstairs feeling a bit dizzy afterwards and stumbled into my room.

Ding!

I checked my phone to see a text from Jared.

'Hey, what happened? Are you okay?'

Feeling to tired to answer, I threw the phone at my dresser and fell face first into my bed.

After a restless night of sleep, filled with nightmares and frightening images, I welcomed the new day with screaming.

"What's going on!" dad yelled, running into my room.

I awoke, jolted by his screaming.

"Sorry dad," I muttered tiredly," just another nightmare."

He sighed and exited the room.

I wouldn't blame him for being so annoyed. I'd no doubt, woke them up three times while sleeping.

I stood up only to collapse on the bed again.