Chapter Seventeen

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******************

...

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

I was sick of it.

Sick of lying to myself, forcing to pretend I had no feelings for Emerald. I tried pretending in the hospital when I saw her, planning on acting as if I was confused on why she was there but instead I had weakly given in to the feeling that wrapped itself around my body in an unavoidable manner.

This was the same feeling I had today when I felt that sudden pull towards the forest. The feeling of her wolf near me just instantly stirred my separating wolf alive.

We didn't even know each other that well.

I couldn't help but run off into the woods, letting my wolf take over my thoughts and do all the thinking for me. Emerald and I ran for hours losing track of time but ended up back at the cliff. We each shifted behind a tree and I loaned her one of my shirts to wear.

My wolf growled in lust when I took her body in, wearing my shirt. It made my heart skip traumatically and I wanted nothing more than to bury my lips on her sweet soft skin and caress her like I had done in the car. I was so stupid to tell her I didn't want her and I wanted nothing more than to take it all back.

We sat side by side, leaning on the biggest boulder, unsure how to contact physically with each other.

Were we friends?

I didn't know, but I was sure she was thinking the same thing. A sudden fear hit me with a startling force.

Was I developing feelings for this girl? Would I grow to love her?

I wouldn't... I can't.

I've promised myself I'd never love again, not after the most painful type of betrayal.

Family betrayal.

Though I was glued to where I was, planted by the nature of mates.

I looked Emerald in the eyes, the moon reflecting her stunning emeralds, "I can't seem to stay away from you" I decided to truthfully tell her.

She chuckled, "Ditto" she answered, though I couldn't see her blush due to the fact it was dark.

"I wasn't going to show up tonight. I didn't like losing my common sense when I was near you but at the same time, I loved it"

"That's kinda what mates do" she said. From her voice I couldn't make out if she was being sarcastic or not.

"I don't like it" I frowned.

She weakly smiled, "But at the same time you can't get enough"

I blew out a huge breath of air, "Exactly"

We stayed silent for a moment, just listening to the hooting of owls and staring off into the distance.

"Tell me something" she muttered breaking the silence and resting her head on my shoulders, yawning.

"Like what?" I asked surprised all of a sudden. I focused on remembering to breathe and silently prayed in my head that my voice wasn't shaky as I spoke.