Chapter Ten

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine

...

Chapter 10

They very next day I drove to school, blasting the music as an attempt to mask my thoughts.

Traffic was strong as usual as people headed to their lives, their jobs and education.

While I had no life at all. The only thing I ha to look forward to was the lab in science the teacher promised.

How pathetic.

Eminem's voice roared through the car, vibrating it slightly and it succeeded in blocking my mind for a bit.

"I'm gonna make you dance! It's your chance! Yeah boy, shake that butt! Oops, I mean girl! Girl, girl, girl! Now you know your my world! Now just lose it! Ahhhh! Just lose it! ahhh, go crazy!"

When the song ended, I didn't give myself the slightest second to think before quickly putting in a new CD.

When I reached school, I remained in the car for a couple of minutes, examining the cuts on my face.

The once Amanda had given me were finally fading but the scratch I'd gotten from the window was still there.

I sighed as I watched Jared and jasmine exiting her car.

They walked towards the school hand in hand, glancing at nobody but each other.

I opened my car seat feeling sick already and headed inside.

I found myself disappointed whenever i saw a face that wasn't Blade's. It was foolish how hopeful id become whenever I saw a back of a head that looked slightly like his.

I caught his face as soon as he entered the school though and just like magnets, our eyes met.

His golden caves bore into my eyes like beautiful lasers, hypnotizing me with want.

I stared at him for a long time, unable to pull away because of an invisible attractive force.

The bond was already created for us, like it was meant to be.

But somehow he managed to break it because he sent me an easy going smirk and looked down as if nothing had happened.

I stood there confused and angry.

Lunch approached too slow for my liking and I found myself seated besides Lisa, too aware of Blade sitting just four tables down from us.

I noticed Ben seated in front and decided to go talk to him.

"I'll be right back," I muttered to Lisa and stool up, going back only to grab my turkey sandwich.

"Hey," I sat besides Ben, and began to wrap my food.

He smiled, revealing dimples," Hi."

I took a bite out of my sandwhich and waited until I finished chewing to speak," I need to ask you about something."

"Ask away."

"So, I saw you talking with some of the members of the other pack and I was wondering why? I mean, I didn't wanna be too quick to judge or anything but-"

"Oh, uhh they missed the meeting do I filled them in."

"But you weren't there either."

"My mom told me."

I nodded, not quite believing him," alright. Thanks."

He smiled again," No problem."

I stood up and grabbed my sandwich, heading towards my previous table, well aware of blades eyes following my every movement.