Chapter Eight

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****************

...

Chapter Eight

The first thing I did this morning was quickly get out of bed, wash my face, and put on some proper cloths.

I was at the hospital by about seven o'clock, hoping this would be a quick visit.

Jasmine saw me in the waiting room," You coming to see Jared?"

"Yeah," i answered, stepping around her.

She grabbed my arm," Its one person at a time."

And then she stepped around me and headed to his room.

Frustrated, i sat on the slippery hospital chairs, feeling every single second that passed by.

Finally, after about half an hour, a doctor approached me.

"Are you here to visit..." he paused to glance at his clipboard," Jared?"

"Yes," I stood up," is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, but it's past 7. You can go see him."

"Yes, but Jasmine is with him. Its one person at a time, so I'm waiting for her to come back-"

"It's not one person at a time. His whole family is in there with him. He's better now."

"So I'm allowed to go in?"

"Of course."

Jasmine had lied to me. I defiantly hated her," that's okay. I think I'll be leaving. But are you sure he's fine?"

"Better than ever," the doctor smiled.

I nodded, well aware that I was running late for school," thank you."

I walked away, but not before peeking into Jared's room.

He was lying on his hospital bed, clutching Jasmine's hand while he talked to his family.

His skin had returned to it's normal color and it sucked badly knowing it was because of his mate.

I felt relaxed to know that he's all better and walked away towards the exit.

In my car, I noticed the visible bruises and scratches on my face from the side view mirror.

I sighed, silently cursing Amanda and her witch-like nails.

The rest of the school day went by agonizingly slow and I couldn't help but notice that Blade wasn't there.

I wondered just how much trouble he must be in with our pack.

Jared's father, our alpha will probably meet with him, maybe even kick him out of the territory.

I was shocked at the displeasure that shot through my chest. I couldn't possibly care about Blade. We were enemies, I should feel disgusted with him.

Especially after what he did to Jared.

Lisa and jack has questioned my bruised face and I hesitated before I lied.

I assured them it was merely an accident. I had been driving and banged my head against the window.

It wasn't a complete lie because the scratch from when that really did happen was still there.