Comfort

Lukas Pov:

Jesse has been mourning about Reuben for a few weeks and it worries me because she almost never comes out of her room. I want to make Jesse feel better but what can I do to make her happy again, what I would do to just to see her beautiful smile again. Maybe the others can tell what I can do to make her feel better, I mean, they are her friends and they known her for a long time so maybe they might have an idea.

"Hey Chara!" I yelled

"What do you want blondie, I'm busy." She said, she and I don't get along so we don't have the best of relationships.

"Listen, you know that Jesse has been mourning about Reuben?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know what she likes, I want to make her happy again." I asked

"There are certain things she likes, for example, her friends, building, fighting, adventuring, cookies, and she likes flowers but her favorites are azure bluets." She explained

"Well, she's basically been in her room for a long time so adventure is out of the question, azure bluets are rare, but I can make her some cookies, that can raise her spirits." I said

"Alright, as long as you can make Jesse happy, alright."

I then left the guest room (It's like her second bedroom) ,walked to the kitchen, and got the supplies to make cookies until I realized I'm not good at making cookies, but for Jesse, anything.

--Few minutes later--

Boom!

"Holy crud, what was that?!" Yelled Chara as she and the others ran into the kitchen, "I tried making cookies but it kinda failed do." I said, Axel then grabbed a cookies and tried to bite into it but he then stopped and gave me a weird look. "Dude, why is this cookie so hard?" Ask Axel "Well... I'm not good at making cookies." I replied "Why are you making cookies?" Ask Petra "There for Jesse, I want to do something to make her feel better 'cause I don't want her to be upset." I explained "Blondie, you could have at least told me that you couldn't bake cookies." Said Chara.

"I know, its just... I didn't know what else to do, I just want to see her smile again."

"How about this, we'll help you make the cookies while you comfort Jesse, that way you don't have to worry." Suggested Olivia.

I can't let them bake the cookies for me, sure I'm terrible at making them but I want to make them by myself, but I want Jesse to be happy.

"Alright, I'll let you guys help, I'll go comfort her." I said

"Alright, but let's throw away these cookies, they look like coal." Said Olivia as she throes the batch of burnt cookies away.

"Okay, you guys get started in going to comfort Jesse." I said as I ran of the kitchen and up the stairs. I love Jesse , I admit it, she's nice,brave, amazing, and beautiful especially with her green eyes, she keeps this team together but... Once Reuben passed away she hasn't been herself, she tries to be happy but I know she's just doing so people won't worry much and it scares me to know she's hiding all of this. She blames herself for choosing Magnus's armor and for Reuben's death, I don't want to see her unhappy, I want to see her sweet smile again, I'll do anything just to see her be happy. I made it to her bedroom door and knocked on it, I don't barge in when someone is like this.

"Jesse, may I come in?"

"Sure." Replied Jesse in a sadden tone, I walked in and walked to her bed where she was lying down, she sat up and looked at me with tears in her eyes.

I then hugged her and said "Jess, I know your hurting but I'm worried about." "I-I just m-miss him so much." She said as she hugged back "I know you do but listen Jesse, Reuben is still with you in your heart, even do he's not here he would want you to keep adventuring with people who love and care about you Jesse, and trust me when I say this but... I really care about you Jesse and I want to see you smile." I said as I wiped I bit of her tears away, she looked at me and smiled "There's that smile that keeps me going." I said " Thanks Lukas, I needed that and thanks for reminding me that Reuben is still with" she replied as she kissed my cheek, Yes.

"That reminds me, I have a surprise for you."

"Oh, what is it."

"Follow me" I said I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the kitchen.

Once we got to the kitchen Jesse and I saw a plate of cookies with a note and flowers on the side of it. "Aw, Lukas, you made cookies, thanks, you even got my favorite flowers azure bluets." She thanked me as she kissed my cheek again, I bet I was blushing so much "Well I did get some from help our friends." I admitted "But still thank you for trying to cheer me up with this, it means a lot" she replied. I took the note from the table and read it

Hey blondie
I now how much Jesse mean to you so I decide to give the flowers I was going to give her today to you so you can cheer her up more. I care about Jesse as a sister and I want to see her smile again, I hope you do get her to smile because I don't want to see her upset.

From Chara

P.S :Olivia and Petra are probably going to take a picture of you too if you hug

I smiled at what the note said and looked at Jesse "What does it say?" She ask "Oh, nothing important, just the gang saying that their happy to see you smile again." I said, she then hugged me after that.

I care about Jesse and so does the others

"Love you, Jesse "

"Love you too Lukas"

Man, it's been a while since I updated, I guess studying for a test took longer than expected. Anyway, Leave request, Stay calm and Lukesse on, and peace out