Cute little puppy

I've been working on the project since 7:30 this morning. I stayed up half the night due to the wondering thoughts of my brain, and woke up early, thanks to me not remembering to turn off my alarm. After that I wasn't able to get back to sleep. So I decided to try to get the project done.

I'm pretty close to being finished, but I've been working nonstop and I could use a break. I go down stairs and peek at my mom at the computer. She looks really busy so I just leave her be. Saturday's are usually her busy days. She likes to finish up anything she didn't get to in the week, on Saturdays.

I write a quick note saying I'm going on a walk and place it on the fridge. I put my shoes on and slip out the door.

It's a nice day today and I don't know where I'm going. I would go to the park but I think it would be best to stay away from there for a while.

The perfect place comes to mind, and I smile just at the thought. I start to head down the street and soon enough I'm in front of my favorite café. I enter the quaint shop and see the sweet lady with caramel hair behind the cash register.

"Hey y/n! Hot chocolate I'm guessing?"

"Yes please."

"Coming right up!" She goes off to make my hot cocoa, and I take a seat while I wait.

After a few minutes she brings me my cocoa and I hand her a five dollar bill, then turn and leave the café. I walk down the sidewalk while taking sips of my warm beverage. Nothing currently running through my mind, and only a small smile on my face from the warm taste on my tongue.

My cup is more than half empty when a sudden siren rushes past. It goes up the street a couple blocks then turns right. My curious mind is what lead me to chase it, carefully holding my hot chocolate, unwilling to waste any of the delicious substance.

I'm out of breath by the time I catch up, and when I see the scene in front of me my eyes widen and I almost drop my cup, which I'd be pretty upset about later.

There are people strewn about, with police cars, an ambulance, and firefighters all at the site. But what really catches my eye is the raging fire bursting through the windows of the building they're in front of. I see some people running out shouting and I could only hope there isn't anyone left in there.

I go to take a step forward and as I do a gush of wind blasts past me, blowing my hair forward, slightly obscuring my vision.

I brush my hair away and look up again to see the same red suited hero from the other day, rushing out from the building carrying a small white dog. He hands the puppy to a mom and her kid. The site is just to cute for words.

He runs back in and comes out a short while later empty handed. He then talks to the police officers and firefighters for a moment, then dashes away. That must mean there's no one left inside the building.

I look back to the child hugging the puppy safely in her arms, and leave with a small smile gracing my face.

By the time I reach my house my cup is empty and I'm only mildly upset. I throw it away and peek at where I last saw my mom, at her computer, to see her not there.

I look in the kitchen to see the note I left now on the counter, but still no mom.

Next I check the living room and see her standing on the couch, trying to reach the top of the blinds covering the windows, with a dusting brush in her hand.

"Hey mom."

She looks back at me startled, then smiles shortly after.

"Hey sweetie. Did you have a good time on your walk?"

"Yeah, um, it was a real interesting walk, heh."

"Oh? where did you go to?"

"I went and got some hot chocolate, then... I may have seen a building on fire."

"What?!" She exclaims, dropping the brush in her hand. "Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!"

"No mom, no. I wasn't even close to the fire. I'm completely fine."

"Whew. Alright then, I'm sorry." She apologized sitting on the couch. "I'm just always worrying about my baby girls safety."

"It's alright mom." I replied sitting next to her. "Hey... do you remember me asking about a super hero in a red suit?"

"Um... not that I can think of."

"Oh. Well, anyways, I saw him today. At the site of the fire."

"Oh. Isn't that... lovely."

"Yeah, he was." I sigh dreamily. "He even saved a cute little puppy from the burning building. I mean, you should of seen how happy this little girl was to get her puppy back." I looked over to my mom and she was smiling gently.

"He sounds like a real hero."

" yeah I think he is... anyway I need to go finish my project for school."

"Alright honey. I'll call you down in an hour for lunch."

"Okay, thanks mom." I get a hum in reply, and then up I go to my room.

When I get there I plan to finish the project but I can't get that image of the red suited hero out of my head. So I grab a blank sheet of paper and a pencil and some colored pencils and attempt to draw the image out of my brain.

I'm not even close to being done, because of my need to make it perfect, when my mom calls me down for lunch.

I set it down and head downstairs with the mindset of finishing my drawing and the project after I've eaten what's sure to be a scrumptious lunch.