Chapter 21: Four years ago

He knocked on the wooden door a couple of times, until two minutes later it finally opened

He knocked on the wooden door a couple of times, until two minutes later it finally opened. A cute brownskin girl around our age opened the door with a smile on her face as soon as she seen Markus. She opened the door fully and when I looked down she was noticeably eight to nine months pregnant.

"Markie, who's your friend?" She asked with a smile on her face

"Brooklyn meet Malachi. Malachi this is Brooklyn, the mother to my soon to be son" He said with a shy smile on his face

I felt my heart literally drop, and my face switched up fast. I wasn't mad at him for getting a girl knocked up, how could I be mad? I did the same thing. What shocked me though is that it was actually happening, what's with everyone having babies nowadays?

"Markus stop playing with the boy, I'm Brooklyn his sister" She said with a sweet smile extending her arm for me to shake

I felt much more relieved as I shook her hand. Markus was dying of laughter by the reaction I made.

"I'm sorry...your face...priceless" He said laughing so hard it made him start to cry

"not funny, why I never knew you had another sister?" I asked as we stepped into the house

"It's kind of a difficult conversation that we'll talk about later" He said whispering in my ear

"You guys look handsome, let me go get you drinks or something" She said before walking off to the kitchen leaving us alone in the living room

"earlier I told you that there are two places that I'm taking you tonight. You asked if you could trust me, well I only am keeping two secrets from you. One is Brooklyn, the other is more complex. I was thinking if you can handle the sister news I could move on to secret number two"

"where is that?" I asked

"you'll see soon, but lets get something to eat I'm pretty sure you're starving"

Brooklyn whipped us up some barbecue wings with mac and cheese, after Markus told her they were my favorite. She also baked a cake after finding out it was my birthday.

Overall we spent like two hours there and it was pretty fun. Brooklyn is a really genuine person, so blunt and honest and I like that. I could tell that they were siblings, not so much by looks but by the way they acted towards each other and the vibe was great. I wish Shay and I were that close but unfortunately we have more of a 'hi and bye' relationship.

"thanks Brooklyn so much for dinner, and congrats on the baby" I said

"what baby?" She asked with a straight face scaring the shit out of me.