Chapter 28:Choose and Pick

Markus POV

Markus POV...

"rise and shine nigga" I heard an annoying voice say

I slowly lifted my head up from the floor seeing that Malachi wasn't next to me anymore.

"where is he?" I asked

"Upstairs with his daughter, you can't expect him to spend his last day with only you" Dre said pulling up a chair to sit on

"seriously Dre, what do you want?"

"haven't I already told you nigga? I want you to suffer. I want you to lose your happiness, for you to feel the pain you made me feel years ago"

"I didn't even do shit to you and you want to me suffer...all for what?" I sat up tugging at the chains again seeing if they some how loosened a bit.

"you? did nothing?" He started laughing hysterically like I had said something funny "January 7th, 2017 at nine thirty-two pm, think about that"

After saying that he got up and walked away. I kept trying to think back to what that day was but I couldn't remember. I mean it was a whole five years ago, something serious must've happened.

Once him and his boys were gone a couple of minutes later one of them brought Kai back. I couldn't help but smile, today he looked a little more back to life, he still had bruises all over but he wasn't walking around like he's dead.

"goodmorning" I said quietly as he got chained to the wall

He only nodded his head at me but didn't respond, I know he's still mad at me and I don't blame him.

"hey does January 7th, 2017 ring a bell?" I asked hoping maybe he could help

"nah...that was far...wait that was the day I got back from London...with Max" He replied

I tried to play the events in my head from that day, that's when I realized. That was the day I got shot, I remember I told Kai that it had been a drug deal gone wrong and I got robbed, some bullshit like that.

"remember when I got shot, I told you I was mixed up with some drug money and stuff like that?"

"what that gotta do with this?" He said closing his eyes and laying back against the wall

"you were right yesterday, not to trust me. I lied about what really happened. I had been walking back from the airport after you told me you didn't want me no more. I was in my feelings about how I'm not a good person towards you and how you were putting your all in me, so I decided to change for you.

"so I was on my way to Dre's warehouse, this place, to tell him it's over. I didn't want no part to do with this kind of lifestyle anymore, but when I got here things didn't go exactly as planned. Rodney was here for whatever reason, but Dre had a gun to his head. Knowing me I would do anything to protect Rodney, so I started to get in a fight with Dre. When I got the gun out his hand I was so mad..."