7-Anything Can Happen

[Jenna's POV]

---

Around 8 o'clock AM, my phone buzzes. Being Jenna, I'm still in bed and defiantly not in the mood to get up.

I push my hand around in my nightstand until I find something smooth and cold, knocking it off the table in the process. With a inaudible curse, I pull the sheets away from my head and bend over to find my phone on the floor. I pick it up and force my eyes to squint to see the screen. It's like looking at the damn sun.

After a few minutes of watering eyes and unintelligent sentences, I finally unlock my phone. Immediately, I turn the brightness down so I have a chance of reading the unopened message.

It's from an unknown number.

I hope I remembered your number correctly, it's H. If this isn't Jenna, don't pretend to be, because that's meannnn!

I text back.

Hey Harry, it's Jenna. You remembered correctly, congrats!

I find myself impatiently waiting for his reply. I'm supposed to not have feelings for him, I'm supposed to forget. My mind and heart tell me differently.

My phone vibrates in my hand and I hurry to view the message.

Yaaaay! What's up?

Smiling like an idiot, I reply. We continue texting back and forth for about an hour. I finally decide I want to see him again. I knew it all along but my brain just confirmed it.

I text him.

How long are you staying in New York?

I wait for a reply for about four minutes before I become impatient and decide to take a shower. I wonder if he was just passing through, or he was planning on staying in America. Is he completely done with One Direction? I know his fans took is hard, they might reunite just to please the people.

They could pretend to be friends again.

Without admitting it, I know my heart wants him to stay.

This is crazy, two days ago, I hated him. Now, I find him intriguing and mysterious. I want to find out more about him. Maybe if I discover more about him, my heart will deny I ever liked him. I might just be curious.

Curiosity killed the cat.

After a few more minutes of reflection in the shower, I get out and dry off. I curse myself for leaving my phone plugging in on my nightstand. I need to know how long he is staying. Maybe we can meet up somewhere tonight. I feel something, like a flame, that I can't extinguish. I feel it burning through my chest and craving the oxygen he gives me to fuel it.

I can't hide it either.

I put on black skinny jeans and a 5sos crop top. I'm defiantly a Calum girl.

Wow, I'm getting sidetracked, back to my fire hazard.

I basically run back into my room and pick my phone up off the nightstand. I turn it on to discover one unopened message from him.

I read it over and over again, making sure my brain isn't playing tricks on me. Sure enough, it's not.

I'll stay as long as you're here. I've got to go now, bye Jenna. xx

I reply as quickly as I can.

Goodbye Harry(:

Did he actually just say that? He'll stay in New York as long as I'm here. What if I wasn't here, would he go home? Where is he staying? He can't just stay at that hotel. I'm not loaning him my couch but he needs to rent something if he is staying here for me.

Why am I saying this? A few days ago, he could've died and I wouldn't of cared, but now I feel like something great is bound to happen between us, something unimaginable.

I'm twenty-two and not supposed to have these kind of complex emotions anymore. I thought that was teenager crap that everyone deals with.

My life has been a series of under-achievements. I guess it's too much to ask for something great to happen.

Sadly, my brain isn't ready for greatness. I'm not ready for the world and people to acknowledge me. I'm suppose to stand by and salute when someone important walks past. I'm not ready to be a reason of saluting.

But somehow, I'm ready to break out of my shell. I want him here with me, like how I picture it in my daydreams. I'm still the broken girl who went to war to escape reality. But war is exactly where reality ruined my life.

I've never had a proper boyfriend, or date for that matter. My parents both said my honor and life should be devoted to the safety of other people. I forget about all the regular teenagers and started finding myself thinking about other people more than myself. My abnegation brain kept trying to put others about me, but the selfish half of my brain is thinking about me, me, me.

I can't be selfless if I am selfish.

---

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world to wonder how you did it. Be the change the world needs. Everyone has a part and everyone can do anything.

The day drags on and it's around noon before I finally decide to stop fasting and grab something to eat. Alex is still sulking in her room on the topic of yesterday's dinner. I've decided to just let her be and let her ride it out on her own. I'm completely done trying to deal with all her mixed emotions.

I could move out, but that would break her heart.

I put a microwaveable cup of macaroni and cheese in the microwave and get a spoon out of the silverware drawer.

After three agonizing long minutes, it dings and I burn my tongue on the first bite.

Same old Jenna...

I grab my iPad off the coffee table and go back into my room.

Taking a risk, I log onto Instagram.

Only 378 new followers. No biggie.

Let's put it this way: I try to refrain from screaming.

I don't want to be "Harry Styles Girlfriend", I'm just Jenna.

Just imagine if One Direction was still going strong. I wonder if my life would be any different than it is right now. I still have a chance to escape it all.

But do I really want to?

After a few minutes of reading through "you're so pretty!" and "I hate you" comments, I log off. I really don't give a flying shit about what other people think of me.

I head back out into the kitchen and throw away my trash from lunch, noticing the mail van pull away from the curb downstairs.

Not this again...

I go back to my room and put my hair up and a pair of sunglasses on the bridge of my nose.

Taking a risk, I go downstairs.

I take the steps slowly and soundlessly, arriving at the mail slots with nobody in sight. Lucky me, I won't be harassed today. I quickly get the envelopes and small package out of the mail box and hurry upstairs.

Closing the door with my foot, I notice the package has my name on it in a small, delicate hand writing. Without hesitation, I open the package and find a small box inside. I open the box.

Inside is a silver dog tag, like the one I wore during my tour in Afghanistan. It has five simple letters engraved on the backside.

J-E-N-N-A

On the front is an infinity sigh. If this gift is from who I think it is...

This gift is defiantly from who I think it is.

And I can't say I'm all too happy about it.

---

So, um, yeah.

Lol what am I doing?

Basically I haven't had a lot of time to write because I started a new fanfic last night and I stayed up until 2 AM reading it. It's called "Crazed" and it makes me cry in nearly every chapter, you should check it out.