14-I See Fire

[Jenna's POV]

---

All I feel is fire. I breathe it in and exhale is back out. My lungs burn from the thick smoke. The darkness that overshadows me is frightening.

Yet I will not give in.

More than once, I saw the one light, but I turned away, patiently trying to return to the darkness of the world I know and live in.

I will not leave the ones I love.

If the sky is burning, I will cover my eyes and live with it.

I've seen fire rage over a battlefield, I do not fear it. I fear death now that I am face to face with it. Sickening sounds of hell ravage my senses.

I turn away from heaven and hell, returning to the cruel world I want to live in.

I feel my soul reunite with my body. Excruciating pain overwhelms my senses and I clench my hands tightly, feeling my nails tear the skin of my palms.

Even though I feel these things, I cannot resurface completely. I'm stuck in unconsciousness. It annoys me.

I try to wake myself up, telling my eyes to open or my lips to form words but nothing seems to work. I turn my head impatiently from side to side until an unknown force keeps me from thrashing any longer. I know that if I do not wake up soon, all hope will be lost.

It could've been seconds or years, I'd never know, that I burned in utter agony. The feeling of heat never left me and I began to wonder if I was just keeping death at bay for a short amount of time. I could be delaying the inevitable.

But once I did feel myself nearing consciousness, I really wanted to return to the dark. My veins burn with flames and my skin feeds the flame.

I don't have any concept of time in unconsciousness. I just know that I'm still burning. My skin was surely beyond simple bandages, the raw layers covered in soot.

Where there is no time, everything is eternal. All I know is that I'm in infinite pain.

The only change came when I could suddenly move my fingers freely. I didn't dare open my mouth or eyes. For any scream that left my lips would torment Harry. I keep still.

Serenity came with morphine. I felt a prick in my elbow and a numbing sensation spread throughout my body. It didn't only numb, but it also took me back to unconsciousness, a place I began to cherish.

The darkness left me once more. I could feel all my members and move even my tongue. For a split second, the absence of pain was the only thing that registered. Then I felt a warm hand on my face, caressing my cheek gently, if not to wake me.

I decide to take a chance and open my sleepy eyes.

An intake of air is taken from beside me. I shift my face over towards my left, to face the owner of the hand whom caressed my face.

His eyes are a brilliant shade of green and his chocolate hair waves from around his face. Deep dimples emerge and my heart flutters.

"Jenna." He just sighs my name, holding it in the air between us.

"How long?" I barely whisper, but Harry hears me.

"A few weeks. They were afraid to wake you for the pain you would be in." Harry's eyes continue to scan my face for any pain I may be feeling.

But there was non.

"I'm sorry." I croak again, barely audible.

"Sh, it's okay." Harry soothes me. His hand reaches out tentatively and takes mine. I look down.

Under all the needles and patches, I see pink skin. I gasp and throw my head back when his hand connects with my skin.

He immediately retracts.

"I'm sorry." Harry says quickly, pressing a button to call for a nurse.

I bite my tongue. Have you ever had a horrible sunburn? When the skin comes off in layers and you're as red as a tomato? Imagine that being five-stared by John Cena. Yeah, it hurts.

I press my lips together to keep from saying something a lady shouldn't say.

A nurse rushes in once she sees that I'm responsive. She asks me a million questions about what I feel. She soon leaves after putting a burn cream on my arms and replacing my IV drip.

I yawn and after I felt my face burn from stretching, I find out about the club.

He informs me that I passed out after stumbling out of the club. They took me to the hospital and gave me something so I wouldn't wake up too soon, knowing I would be in an enormous amount of pain. They tore all the damages skin layers off my body and would rub cream into my raw skin to make it strong twice a day. He knows this because he never left my side. I can tell by his sleepless expression that it's been a hard couple of weeks. What a grand way to celebrate our four month anniversary.

"You should get some sleep, I'm okay now." I smile weakly, barely able to keep my own eyes open.

Even though I've been unconscious, I haven't been able to rest. It's like I've been awake this entire time. I'm exhausted.

He nods, already allowing his eyes to droop. He licks his lips and rests his head back against the wall. Harry's gentle snores echo around he dull hospital room before too long and I smile to myself, knowing that I couldn't of asked for anyone better.

As I slept, I feel nothing.

There was no fire and no pain or agony at all. I was a calming sleep, one I've needed. I woke up around 8AM when a nurse came to replace my morphine drip, but quickly found sleep again after she left and after stealing a glance at Harry sleeping a pull away bed. Surely the doctors knew he wouldn't be leaving anytime soon and that sleeping on one of those plastic chairs wasn't doing him any good.

His legs are brought up to his chest and his head faces my bed, as if when he wakes up, he looks over to make sure I'm still here. His palms are together under his head, substituting for the pillow they didn't give him. I wish I could cover him with a blanket or something, it's freezing in here.

I hadn't noticed before how much he has aged since our first drunken meeting. His face hold a kind've grace that wasn't there before, like he is proud of who he is. He isn't trying to hide from the world anymore, his smile is broad and welcoming.

He is proud of who he is, and so am I.

---

Ew it's snowing again.

Why can't it just GO AWAY?

I'll try to update soon.

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was pretty busy.

Xoxo

-Marilynskirt