12- Best Song Ever

[Jenna's POV]

[March]

The only part of New York I absolutely love is the constant parties. Clubs are always open and they never stop the party.

Since January, Harry and I have become official.

He asked me what we were, and without fully thinking, I replied, "A couple."

So I guess he's the boyfriend and I'm the girlfriend, although at times I think the rolls are reversed. He's quite a scaredy cat at times.

I slip on that same dress from oh so many months ago. I somehow mange to French braid my hair even without Alex.

Speaking of Alex, I was out one night and when I came back, all of her things were gone. I guess she just left. I haven't tried to reach out to her or anything since so I guess that episode of my life is over.

Anyway, I dig through my closet and fine a pair of black heels. After my freshly painted blood orange toenails are done drying, I'll be ready to go.

As Harry and I's four month anniversary of the day we met draws near, Harry wanted to take me out. I'm totally fine with that.

I touch my toenails delicately and come to the conclusion that they are in fact dry. I slip on my heels with ease and take my phone off the counter, easing it into the only safe place I can think of.

My bra.

There really isn't another place to put it considering I'm wearing a tight dress and wasn't planning on the extra weight of a purse or handbag. I'm a woman and that's just one of my advantages. I have sacks of fat on my chest, might as well use them to my advantage.

I check my phone clock after fishing it out of the valley between my breasts and find out that Harry is waiting downstairs. With a few finishing touches of makeup, I shut my apartment door and hurry downstairs.

Camera flashes momentarily blind me as I part the sea of smelly men. Harry grabs my hand once I'm out of the building and pulls me along into his Charger. I bounce into the black leather seat and his thunderous laugh breaks out.

"I definitely thought they would stop shoving their noses up our asses by now." Harry says while flushing at his own words.

"What are they shoving up our asses?" I ask with a sly smile spreading across my face.

"Their noses," he pauses, "and let's just pretend I never said that because it most certainly came our worse than when I thought it in my head."

"Agreed."

"There are some other things that are supposed to be shoved up asses." Harry comments, making my face turn a harsh tone of red.

"Wow, what are you, twelve?" I ask in sheer embarrassment.

"On a scale of one to ten, yes." He fires back.

"That was smooth." I award him with a small peck on the cheek before he finally pulls away from the curb.

---

The pumping bass can be heard through the brick walls. The harsh smell of cigarette smoke fills my nostrils as we wait inline outside Pandemonium, a popular club here in New York.

A frail and red headed girl and a taller boy with brown hair and glasses stand in front of us. The girl eyes the boy in front of them suspiciously. The boy just seems nervous. I nearly laugh. The girl is wearing jeans and a tattered shirt, surely not a regular clubber.

I return my attention to Harry, who was watching me observe the crowd around us.

He yells over the pounding bass, "It's been an twenty minutes, we should find another place to go."

I sigh in frustration. I've only been in Pandemonium once, and it was amazing. The strange people inside just accept you as one of them. It's hard to explain the rush I felt.

"Might as well stay, we've already waited a while." I suggest and he nods. We continue our silence.

Harry's hand winds up nudging mine and eventually pulling it into his. Usually it's the boy with the rough and calloused hands and the girl with the soft, delicate ones.

Not in our story.

His hand palm envelopes mine and his soft skin feels like silk against my worked hands.

We stay like this, like children whose hands clasped together in a fairytale, until we reach the front of the line ten minutes later.

The guard nods us in with one glance at our most certainly recognized faces. My heels' click is soon lost in the mesmerizing music blasting throughout the dark atmosphere. I tug Harry along until we get to the bar.

I spot the girl and boy from the line across the dance floor. The boys watching the shifting forms on the dance floor but the girl has her eyes trained on something near the corner of the room. I don't care to figure out what has her spooked as I turn my back to them, taking in Harry's warm smile.

We simply order drinks and dance.

The heat from the sweating bodies around us back me slightly on edge. It seems almost too warm. That's when I notice columns of decorative fire line the ceiling above the dance floor, a nice touch.

I spot controls for the fire near the east wall. Two joysticks. Out of pure curiosity, I wonder how it's operated.

They are hardly noticeable, but they are there. I feel the rays from the inferno glare down on us, like fish under a heat lamp.

The sound that startles me, aside from the shrill tone of music, is a scream. It's projected clearly through the room and everyone halts, sending a look in the direction of its origin.

It's the girl with the red hair. She seems to be focused on something invisible near the center of the club. After a short period of looking around and being utterly confused, the crowd parts as a blue/green haired boy sprints through the center of the dance floor about ten feet from me and Harry. An initial shockwave goes through the crowd and Harry grabs my hand in fright as the boy runs directly to the fire controls.

With certainty and determination, he falls against the switches, turning them on full blast.

"Everyone down!" I manage to shriek before tendrils of flame lick the air above my head.

Screams and panic explode all over the room. Everyone is either crouched down or laying completely flat on the ground. Harry throws his arm around my back and shields my body from the extensive heat. My chest is flat against the cool floor but the air above me is hot and thick with something other than fire.

But smoke as well.

---

Did any of you see Divergent?

Gone | hsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें