16-A Thousand Years

[Jenna's POV]

[Two dull months later]

---

He's gone.

I sit upright in bed, the warm May sunlight streaming through my bedroom window. The blankets on his side of the bed are tangled and messy. I listen carefully for any noise that would suggest his whereabouts but I hear nothing.

Pushing the covers away from my legs, I get up and journey into the kitchen of my small apartment. As soon as I turn the corner into the kitchen, I spot his tall frame against the pale light of the refrigerator.

"You're up early." I state, making Harry jump and glance back at me.

"Go back to bed." He commands, turning and blocking his mess on the stove.

He has a simple white shirt on and Captain America pajama pants.

"Why-"

"Please, Jenna." He says sweetly. With a confused glance at the hidden stove, I turn and walk back to my bedroom where I cross my arms and leap back on top of the bed. I stare intently at the door until Harry appears through it with a tray in his hands.

I smile and glance at the clock before returning my eyes to him.

Placing the tray across my legs, I unfold my arms and look at the attempt at breakfast Harry has created.

A yellow substance, which I assume are eggs, litter one entire plate. Burnt strips of bacon lay over the eggs, still hot. A piece of un-toasted bread sits on the side of the plate, barely balancing on the rim.

I smile, which Harry returns. I can tell he is proud of himself for making me smile.

"Well?" He questions, eyeing the food.

"Well..." I start which makes him reevaluate the plate. His expression turns to worry and hurt. I place a gentle hand on his shoulder and say, "It looks great."

I can't hurt him like that, he just made me breakfast in bed.

"I hope it's okay, I've never really put much thought into cooking before and-" Harry says, scratching the back of his neck and still looking at the plate.

"I'm sure it's great, now c'mere." I say, patting the left side of the bed.

Harry thunders his way onto the bed, where he stretches and does the classic boyfriend move. His arm rests on my shoulder lightly as I carefully take a bite of eggs.

The taste and smell reach my senses at the same moments.

I choke, "Oh god, deodorant, Harry."

I cough again as he abruptly removes his arm and shyly stalks into the bathroom directly off my room.

Avoiding the eggs, I pick up the buttered bread and take a small bite. I doubt he could mess that up, but I'm still cautious.

Harry returns, and after asking me if I wanted to smell his armpits, he sits down at the end of the bed.

"Why did you make me breakfast in bed?" I ask after licking bread crumbs off my fingers.

Harry looks at me like I'm dumb before saying, "It's May 2nd."

"It's just a date." I answer.

"It's also the date that, twenty-three years ago, an awesome person was born."

"I absolutely cannot believe you remembered my birthday." I state bluntly.

"Oh, I was talking about David Beckham." Harry says, trying not to smile.