06

Title: Let Us Leave This Dreadful Place

POV: Annabella

DOTW: Not Specified

We were in the car on our way home. I'm about to meet Tom, Shep, JJ, Arrow, and Zeppelin. I let out a long breath. I'm extremely nervous. It made me happy that Jared thought they would like me, but I'm still worried. Having anxiety is not fun in these type situations. Before I knew it, we were pulled up to Jared's house. We were going to Dad's later. I stepped out of the car but didn't walk. I just stood there. The others didn't notice for a while.

"Annabella?" Dad called. I didn't answer. He walked back towards me. "Everything's going to be okay. They're going to love you, don't worry."

"Little too late." I said, my breathing becoming heavier and heavier.

"Hey, hey, hey," he tried to get me to look at him. "Everything is okay. Everything will be okay. You just need to calm down, it's not too serious." It worked a little bit, but I don't think anything could calm my nerves completely. Not until it was proven that everything was okay. That wouldn't be proven until I met the kids and they liked me. Which they probably won't. No one ever really does.

"You guys coming?" I snapped my attention to Gen.

"Y-y-yeah. J-just a second." I tried not to stutter, but failed miserably.

"Just come on. You'll feel better." Jensen guided me to the house and I reluctantly followed. Jared unlocked the door and paid the babysitter. She left and said that they were in their playroom. I gulped add Jared called them.

"Is the new sister here?!" Shep asked excitedly. My eyes were wide and I couldn't breathe. I'm gonna disappoint them so much.

"Yeah, honey, she is right there by Uncle Jensen." Gen said.

"H-hi." I waved a little.

"You're really pretty." Thomas said.

"Th-thank you."

"Can I show you my toys?!" Shep asked excitedly.

"Um, yeah, sure." I allowed them to show me to their playroom and started playing with them. I never really had any toys so this was fun and new for me. They had a lot of action figures and I really enjoyed playing as Batman and fighting Shep's Joker. It was time to go to Dad's house before we could finish though. I said goodbye to the boys and they surprised me by almost tackling me in a hug. I smiled and hugged back. Dad gave me a thumbs up.

"Alright, time for lunch. I assume you want to get home?" Jared spoke.

"Yes. I will see you guys tomorrow. Annabella, let's go." Dad said.

"You know, you don't have to say my full name. You could call me anything along the lines of my name." I said.

"Okay, Anything Along The Lines Of My Name." I glared at him in a joking manner.

"Let us leave this dreadful place." I said in an accent, quoting Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Dad held out his arms to both me and Danneel, I mean, Mom. We linked our arms, laughing. We said goodbye to everyone and walked home. It was only a block away so it didn't take long. We just joked and laughed the whole way. I was still a little nervous, but seeing how much Tom and Shep liked me gave me a little confidence. "Hey. Uh, would you mind if I called you Mom?" I asked Danneel. She may not want me to since she already has the real children. Dad and Jared have said that they wouldn't give me up, but I still feel like I'll end up back in foster care or with my grandpa. I don't know which would be worse.