III. Downfall

They watched in despair, the sight of what was once their beloved slowly faded from their senses. Yuuma glanced slightly at the woman beside him, staring at her in silence as the ravenette bit her lower lip in anxiousness. Yuuma could only shake his head in sympathy as he averted his gaze away from her. Two years had passed. It had been a short period of time. Yet, her hatred could only grow bigger.

“Yuuma, would she be able to forgive us?” Manami asked with concern for Akari whose tears were starting to form from her eyes while watching her bestfriend turn her back away from her once again.

Yuuma shrugged and looked away, “We’ll never know, Manami. She is not our business. At least not anymore. I believe that her personal issues are out of our concerns.”

Manami stared at him in disbelief.

“Dont, Manami,” Tomohito, her fellow dark blue haired agent warned. “Dont meddle. Lets...just go get Akari.”

It was fortunate for Manami for she stopped herself from hitting her comrade. Those kinds of actions were not her forte, after all. Though clearly, the others were thinking otherwise since one had the guts to stand up to their once respected class representative.

“Why are you acting like you dont care about her at all?” Kataoka Megu, his female counterpart, interrogated with authority, blocking Yuumas path when he attempted to avoid the conversation. “Why do you keep hurting and pushing her away?! I know how you felt years ago, Yuuma!”

“So what? Personal feelings and careers dont mix well with each other, Megu. That was a long time ago, and I still hate them from the bottom of my heart,” the male countered.

“But you still love Nagisa, right?”

“Love won’t matter in this line of work, Megu. It won’t change the fact that we loathe each other now.” Yuuma’s stern look turned soft, his past, almost forgotten side unconsciously showing as he patted Megu’s head. “Besides, I already accepted the fact that she only set her sight on Karma. It will never be me. So let’s just stop hurting ourselves now, alright?”

The girl’s heart clenched at the words as she watched him walk away again.

“I dont get you, Megu-chan.” She turned to the direction of the voice only to see a lady with magenta colored hair and yellow eyes, Ritsu — their AI classmate who gained a human body.

“You love him, but you cant. You want to care, but Nagisa-chans memory is holding you back. How are you two supposed to be happy if the both of you are caught within an endless charade? If you both engage to a faux inexistent feud? You dont hate Nagisa-chan because she was favored, Megu-chan. You envy her because Yuuma-kun still denies his feelings for her. If you keep on being pretentious, then you are just like the rest of the Meijin Family— you are a terrible person.”

Ritsu then strutted away from her former classmate along with a guy having white hair and a bandana wrapped around his forehead. Before they could completely leave, Itona tapped Megu’s shoulder and carried out words that left her dumbfounded.

“If your love for Yuuma is true, then you should always be ready to risk it all. That was what my onii-san, Korosensei would say too. You dont have to hurt yourself, because the damage you caused to Nagisa and the remains of that rundown classroom was enough collateral.”

—•—

Unknown Coordinates ;
Tokyo, Japan ;

My electric blue eyes glimmered with delight as I watched through the monitors which occupied a larger portion of the discrete room.

“Sa te, sa te, sa te,” I said, simpering. “It looks like the pieces have finally come to gather.”

[P H O T O] Yukimura Akari - code:Greed

[P H O T O] Sugino Tomohito - code:Pride

[P H O T O] Isogai Yuuma - code:Wrath

[P H O T O] Kataoka Megu - code:Envy

[P H O T O] Okuda Manami - code:Gluttony

[P H O T O] Jiritsu - code:Lust

[P H O T O] Horibe Itona - code:Sloth

“Let’s see, we have Greed and Gluttony on Nagisa-sama’s tail, and Pride, a neutral sider. What a bore,” he muttered to himself, turning to Yuuma and Megu’s images. “Now Wrath actually has feelings for Nagisa-sama?! And Envy— nah, that was to be expected. But wow, a love-triangle?! Ew, disgusting. Come to think of it,” he stopped for a moment and thought about Ritsu and Itona. “I sense upcoming treachery.”

I felt a short while of happiness. It’s nice to see someone who still cherished Nagisa and Karma-sama’s memories. But what the others did was unforgivable.

I’m doing this in honor of them. I’m doing this for the greater good of their being. I will not fail them.

“Watch out, Meijin Family. Your downfall has just begun.”

Unknowingly, a distant memory slipped my young mind. Now that I remember, it was raining heavily that night, but let’s save that story for another time, shall we?

【 edited.