X. The Calm

“Umm, how do I look?”  Nagisa asked, fidgeting under the smooth sheets of silk complimenting her figure. From the silver 3-inched heels, going to her A-Cut white laced dress with golden linings on the edges. She kept her blue hair on a messy bun, fearing that it might get in the way as she carried on the mission but, it didn't lessen her beauty.

"No! Of course not! You're astounding, for pete's sake!" Nike exclaimed excitedly, jumping hastily as she continued showering the bluenette with flattering phrases.

Livius, on the other hand, facepalmed himself with his wife's antics and scolded her. "Nike, be a dear and please, calm down. You're going to ruin your dress if you'd keep that up any longer," he said, to which, his wife obliged.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, hon," Nike giggled teasingly, leaving Livius’ cheeks flushed. "Anyway, I think it will be best for you if you'd keep going, Nai-chan."

"What?" The bluenette tilted her head sideways, wearing a confused expression on her innocent face. "You're not coming with me?" she asked.

"Nope. We'll catch up in thirty."

"Eh?"

"A dilemma came up."

Nagisa obliged, but a little bit gloomy by the outcome. Since she was alone, she was expecting them to accompany her, but of course they were a married couple. They also needed time for themselves. Nevertheless, she sighed for the final time, taking a glimpse of the whole house's architecture before turning her back away and walked further, probably for the last time.

Just then, a white limousine entered the gates and stopped in front of her. A man in black greeted her from the vehicle and opened the door, gesturing her to enter.

“Greetings, Lady Azure. Young Master sent me and my comrades to escort you, along with the rest of your crew to the event.”

Her brows furrowed. Was Gakushuu ever this well-off? But, considering how long they've lost contact with each other, it must be possible, especially with him handling the other 25 branches of Kunugigaoka. She dialed his number as she made herself comfortable on her arrangements.

[I should’ve seen this coming.]

“Really, Gakushuu? A limo?” she started as he picked up.

[It’s all for my subjects, lady.] the strawberry blond replied with a smirk playing in his lips from the other side.

“No, you just want to show off,” Nagisa said in an as-a-matter-of-factly tone.

[That’s because I can flaunt it, Nagisa.]