Blondie

Tuesday. 8am. The alarm pounded on the mahogany bedside table beside Kensie, she groaned and swatted her hand at it until it turned off. She pulled the purple duvet over head, remaining still after that. Eventually she hissed at herself and whipped the blanket off, shuttering as the cold air nipped at her skin. She was wearing grey fuzzy pants and a teeshirt that belonged to her boyfriend, Nate. She grabbed her phone, takinging out of her ihome and checking from her messages. The messages where as following;

Nate: Morning babe! I love you! Have a great day! (6:05am)

 Liz: Staying w/ Al have sleep good (1am)   

Alex: Yor missdy ou (9:00 pm Monday)

Alex: I''m druc (8:00 pm Monday)

Alex: Booo (7:00pm Monday)

Liz: *random youtube link*(6:40pm Monday)

Alex: We're going out for drinks, I'm not working tomorrow, wanna come? (6:30pm Monday)

Alex: Mmmmm sushi is great (5:00pm Monday)

Alex: Fine, don't answer you butt, Liz and I will go out without you (4:13pm Monday)

Alex: We're going out for sushi, wanna come? (4:00pm Monday.) 

Clearly her friends had had a good night, she sighed knowing they'd be feeling horribly when they finally woke up that day. She texted back Nate, telling him good morning, texted Liz a hello and Alex a 'you're a mess, please drink water.' and with that she put her phone down and got ready for the day. Out of the three girls she was most likely the healthiest. She made herself a banana smoothie, and had some cereal. Her phone buzzed, it was Nate, he was asking about her plans for the day and if she wanted to get coffee later. She agreed, then pocketed her phone. 

She had a fairly busy day ahead of her, she was helping out her friend Ana at the humane society today, and she had to be there by 9. She left her place and drove downtown where there sat the small, but well taken care of shelter. The door dinged as she entered through the back, Ana waved, her black hair shrouding her shoulder as she continued to clean out a kennel. Kensie went about her daily routine, cleaning, organizing, and feeding. By noon everything was good. That's when Ana got a call, her friend mumbled on her phone then hanging up she turned to Kensie, "That was my dad."

"I thought you didn't talk to her parents anymore?" Kensie questioned.

"Yeah well, he wants me to move in, and he wants to go get coffee to talk about it and stuff..." She trailed off and Kensie got what she was getting at.

"Go ahead, I think we're only having one pick-up today so I'll be able to manage until 6. Have fun." Kensie waved goodbye to Ana as she left, and once she watched her get into her car she grimaced. She was a people-pleaser, or at least when it came to civilians. She busied herself with paperwork until about 3; the door rung and she scurried from the back to find herself looking at a women.  She was short, well, 5'7 so she was taller than Mackensie by about a foot. She was chubby with brown eyes, a bright red bob and she was dressed in a rather cute way. She was sporting jean shorts and a floral Hawaiian shirt, it reminded her of something Alex would've worn. "I like your outfit." Kensie blurted out, then smiled with a slight awkward undertone. 

"Thank you!" The redhead exclaimed, she smiled, "I'm here about volunteering? I had talked to a girl named... Ana? She said you guys were looking for help?"

"That's for sure. Can I ask your name? You're..." She searched for the sticky note Ana had give her early that day, "Jack right?" 

"Yes! The one and only, is there anything I need to fill out?"

"Just a few forms and the days you're able to come in. Honestly though,  Ana is usually here and if she's not I am, we have a few other members but we're super understaffed at the moment, so I really appreciate you coming out."

"Not a problem. I love animals so I figured it would be a great way to help out and spend some time with some cuddly creatures." 

Kensie smiled and handed Jack the papers, she pointed where to sign. 

The door jingled again.

"Yo bitch." It was Alex. She was wearing her classic hangover outfit, she alwasy wore her baggy tanktop that read 'Don't talk to me' across the front, her purple sports bra that you could see through the shear white fabric and her faded black booty shorts with a pair of hi-top gold sneakers; She wasn't wearing any makeup but her eyes were hidden by the pair of very darkly tinted aviators that most likely covered the bags under her blood shot eyes. 

Liz followed; she was in jeans, as usual, a grey baggy shirt with a mustache on it, most likely Alexs because it was much too hipster for Liz to wear, a pair of Alexs pink runners, and a pair of Alexs gold tinted raybands. 

"Hey.." She glared at Alex, she wouldn't usually due to the fact Alex always swore but she was with a customer. 

"Awe shit sorry, I brought you a coffee." 

Jack looked up from the paperwork pages she had been scribbling on from the desk counter, "Don't mind me! I'm sure...." she trailed off not knowing her new colleges name.

"Kensie, and please, don't mind her rudeness." 

Jack chuckled and looked back down at the forms, Kensie looked back at Alex. 

"Thanks though, I thought you weren't off until 5."

"Got off early, here." She called Liz over who had been holding the tray.

"Dude, where's the coffee?"

"I dunno, I put it down." Liz replied, too tired to care.

Alex clenched her fists, and sighed heavily, Seriously Liz, where did you put it?"

"I said... I DUNNO."

"You stupid fucking idiot!" Alex grumbled and began searching around until she found the coffee placed under  a chair. She didn't care how it got there, just that she had found it.

"Here," she handed a cup over to Kensie, now happy again.

"And for you." she passed one to Liz.

"There's two left." Kensie said as she glanced at the tray. 

"Yeah. For me."

Kensie nodded in the direction of Jack who was still filling out the papers.

"Hey! You, Hawaii, you want a coffee?"

"Oh," Jack looked suprised, then smiled sweetly, "I don't want to be a trouble, you did get them for yourself.

"Ah, it's fine, here, its a half-sweet caramel macchiato." She grabbed the coffee from the tray and held it out to Jack, "Any person that helps out Kensie here is a friend of mine amigo"

"Thanks." Kensie said, a hint a happiness in her sarcastic voice. 

"Thank you!" Jack took the cup. 

"Except for Ana." Alex looked around the group who stood in a slight circle, "I would just like to make that clear."

"Agreed." Said Kensie. 

"Agreed." Said Liz.

Jack just shrugged, "Probably a bitch, so I agree too."

Then they all drank their coffee and played with the kittens until closing.