Blue Eyes.

Wednesday. Alex was tired, too much coffee the night before and now she had been called in for an opening shift the night before. 5am. She wanted to vomit, cry and never move again. She was always like this in the morning. She was laying facedown in bed, her transformers blanket bunched around her feet, she had started shivering in her pajamas, due to the lack of coverage on her ex's boxers and a sports bra. She liked the cold, just not when it meant getting out of bed. Her phone rang, buzzing with American Psycho, she picked it up and answered, it was Liz.

"Hey!" Her voice was bubbly, it brought a glare to Alexs face. 

"What do you want?" She responded groggily into the phone, rolling over onto her back then sitting up, allowing her feet to drop over the side of the bed. 

"I went and picked us up breakfast, can I come over?" 

Alex heard her door buzz, "I'm guessing that's you?" 

Alex hung up and walked to the door, it was a perk of her friend living in the same building, she was just a few floors below her. She unlocked the door and opened it, allowing Liz to enter. 

"Wow," The ginger said, "You look like shit." 

"Thanks." 

Liz sighed and placed the bag of food on the table and pulled out to Styrofoam containers, those little butter and maple syrup packages and  the plastic cutlery.

"Sleep well?" Liz asked as she took a seat on her friends couch. Alex sat across from her with her food, opening it as she answered, "Does it look like it?"

"No." Liz responded quietly, "Nightmares again?"

"Yep." Alex busied herself with cutting up her pancakes and sausage. 

"Did you take your meds? Last night and today?" Alex stayed quiet, the tension building in the room. "Alex." her voice was calm, "Alex." She was growing frustrated. 'Alex."

"Okay fine," Alex snapped a glare at her, "I didn't, I haven't been taking them for a month now."

Liz just huffed, that explained a lot.

"Don't stress yourself worrying about me, I'll be fine." Alex said after swallowing a bit of pancake.

"I'm your friend, it's what I'm supposed to do."

"I'm fine. Trust me."

Liz sighed again, there was never any arguing with Alex, it was her way or no way. Alex stood, snapping Liz out her thought, "Coffee? You want some?" 

"Sure, thanks." 

Alex went about making coffee, grinding up her beans then measuring out exactly 7 tablespoons of the medium roast grind and putting it in her french press, pouring the hot water over it, she waited 4 minutes then pressed it down, pouring her and Liz a mug. "Here." She handed over the hot mug. 

"Thanks." The girls ate in an awkward silence, before Alex spoke up.

'You should come visit me during my lunch, I get my hour break at 12, I mean, I have a couple smaller breaks before that but we wouldn't have time to chat."

"Sure, I'll see you then." Liz smiled, the room growing more comfortable again. 

"I gotta get dressed, you can come join me if you want." Alex winked but Liz knew what she meant. Alex got up and Liz followed, sitting on the edge of her friends bed as Alex slipped int her walk in closet. She left the door slightly ajar so she could still talk to Liz.

"You know what I hate?" the brunette half yelled.

"What?"

"This stupid uniform." Alex walked out in her straight-cut khakis and her black polo. "Then we have to wear that stupid green apron. It blows." Liz just chuckled then grabbed her friends phone from the bedside table and passes it to her. "Thanks Lizzy." Alex checked her phone and her facial expression changed, "Shit! it's 4:56!! I have to go!" Alex made a mad dash to the door, grabbing her keys, giving Liz a hug, chugging the rest of her coffee then throwing it open, she turned to Liz, "I trust you can close up?" Knowing Liz had a spare key to her apartment.