1.4

A few days later, Jessie and Peter sat on the rooftop of Jessie's apartment building until the sky went completely dark and the sky lit up with its many twinkling lights.

"Wait, so, what did Captain America say again?" He said through chuckles. He was sitting on the edge facing her, who was also beside him and one of their legs folded in front of them while the other dangled off the building.

"He said 'language!' And all of us were so confused because he had never really had a problem with the the guys cursing before," She laughed while explaining.

"I can't picture him saying it either!" He agreed as their laughter died down. He sighed in wonder as he looked up at the sky. Jessie did the same and hugged her knees to her chest while following his gaze to the starry night.

"It's beautiful," Jessie stated as she searched for the familiar constellations she'd grown to admire. She remembered when she used to lay out on Clint's roof and stare at the stars until Laura had called her in for dinner. That was when she'd lived there for a few months before Ultron and Sokovia.

Peter's gaze landed on her and he smiled warmly as he watched her glossy brown eyes watch the dazzling stars above them. The beauty in her curly brown hair falling right beneath her shoulders and the moon shining its light on her tan skin.

"Yeah," He agreed in the beauty, but not of the sky. She turned her head to him and saw him scoot closer to her. He threw an arm around her shoulder and looked back up at the sky. She smiled to herself and felt her cheeks heat up at his action, but didn't say anything as she continued to look at the stars with him.

They stayed like that, with Jessie pointing out a few constellations, until Peter noticed Jessie falling asleep on his shoulder. When he finally heard the soft snores coming from the gorgeous girl beside him, he smiled to himself and picked her up bridal style, carrying her to her apartment.

He got her into her bed after walking into three different rooms to find it. When she was noticeably comfortable with the position she moved herself into, he pulled a blanket over her body. He knew he had feelings for the girl. He just didn't know how to express them without scaring her off.

He started to walk out when he heard a buzzing. He walked back into the room and noticed her phone laying on the ground. He figured it had fallen out of her pocket when he had laid her down, so he picked it up.

The screen lit up and the notifications appeared brightly on the screen.

1 missed call from TS
1 voice mail from TS

"TS?" He whispered to himself as he stared at the words carefully. He didn't mean to snoop, but he couldn't help himself from sliding his thumb across the screen to unlock it. But with Peter's luck, it was passcode protected.

Suddenly, the phone buzzed again and the screen shifted right back to the lock screen to show a new text message.

TS: One more week. When you get my message, call me back JT.

Peter's curiosity increased as he saw the nickname JT. He stood there trying to remember the words he had told her not to long ago about that name.

"Well, I also have a friend who calls me JT because of my initials. What are yours? Maybe I could give you a cool nickname with that," She offered and he laughed a little.

His eyes widened and he looked back over the text message.

Does she have a boyfriend? He thought. He quickly put the phone on her nightstand and left the apartment, making sure to leave a note in her kitchen table telling her to meet him in the park when she woke up the next day.