1.3.2

2 months later

"Oh, come on, Jess," Peter tugged on her arm and she kept pulling back.

"Do we have to?" She whined and Peter only smiled at her pouting.

"You won't regret it," He said taking hold of her hands and staring deep into her eyes.

"Okay, you're doing that thing again where you think that if I stare long enough into those puppy dog eyes of yours that I'll break and let you do what you want, but that's not happening this time, Parker," She pulled her hands out of his and crossed her arms.

"Come on, Tanner," He made sure to use her last name to copy her confidence and moved closer to her. He put his hands gently on top of her shoulders and smiled softly. "If you wanted to, you could control my mind to do whatever you'd like and then you wouldn't be fighting me so much and you'd just send me on my way. So, obviously there's a little bit of hope that you'll say yes," He claimed and Jessie smirked at the boy's intellect.

"I suppose you're right. I might be a little curious," She admitted and his face lit up.

"Let's go," He grabbed her hand and started pulling her toward the alley again. When they reached the dark place, he grabbed his suit out of his backpack and turned to Jessie.

"Uh, could you...could you maybe turn around?" He asked uneasily and Jessie tilted her head in confusion before realizing that he wasn't comfortable with changing in front of people.

"Oh! Um, yeah," She said awkwardly before turning around and taking a few steps toward the wall. "This is going to be weird, you know. Swinging from building to building. I'm not used to that kind of-"

She heard Peter grunt and something crash to which she widened her eyes and stopped herself from turning around to check on him.

"Uh, Peter?"

"I'm okay," He choked out and after hearing movement, Jessie sighed.

"Maybe this is a bad idea after all. I should probably just go back to the apartment and let you do your thing. I mean, this is your ci-whoa!" She cried out as she was suddenly lifted into the air by Peter's arm that was wrapped around her. Peter smiled down at her and Jessie uneasily smiled back up at him. They were too busy smiling to notice that Peter's web was running short and they were headed straight for a building.

"Uh, Peter?" Jessie stared at the building in horror and Peter turned his head to see what she was staring at, but it was too late. He slammed into the building, dropping Jessie and she gasped as she started falling. Peter had no time to think before he was jumping off the building and swinging down to rescue her.

He caught her before she could hit the ground and swung to the roof of another tall building. They stood on the edge and Jessie panted as she hugged Peter tightly. "You're okay," He said out of breath.

"I almost died," She lifted her head from his chest to look up at him. She finally got a good look at his suit and noticed he looked kinda goofy looking in the loose red fabric and tiny black goggles.

"Pfft. No," He shook his head and Jessie narrowed his eyes at him which made him clear his throat. "I mean, maybe a little."

"Maybe a lot. I was a second away from going splat! You said this would be fun," She shoved at his chest lightly, but not a lot since they were on the edge of a roof and could fall at any moment.

"Well, we haven't gotten to the fun part yet," He smiled.

"Okay, well can I suggest something?" She asked and he nodded for her to continue. "How about I get on your back so you can actually use both your arms instead of holding onto me and risking my life," She suggested. "I am fragile. Like, a delicate piece of glass that must not be dropped or I shatter, you get me?" She asked and Peter let out a laugh and nodded.