1.8

present day

"Hello?"

"Jess? Where are you?"

"I'm still at Clint's. What the hell is going on with the Avengers right now?"

"It's hard to explain. I just need you to stay put, okay?"

"But, Nat-"

"Jessie. Stay put. Do not go anywhere."

She hung up and Jessie let out a frustrated groan as she threw her phone to the bed. Seconds later, Clint came into the room with a duffel bag.

"Pack your things," He said as he set it down on the bed.

"What? Why? Nat just told me-"

"To stay put? Yeah, I heard. Pack up your things and meet me in the car in 15," He said and left the room. She blinked her eyes a few times to make sure she wasn't dreaming and then turned to start packing her clothes into her bag.

When she was finished, she met Clint in the car like he told her to. They sat in silence until he pulled out of the clearing and was on the road.

"What is going on, Clint?" She asked and he sighed.

"The Avengers are splitting up and Cap needs our help," He explained.

"Aw man, but we were supposed to go waterskiing this weekend. Why did Nat tell me to stay at the house?" She asked.

"She doesn't want you involved," He simply replied. "I couldn't agree with her more except we need as many as we can to help Steve."

"Help him with what?" She said and looked down at her phone that was buzzing with a call from Tony.

"We need to stop someone from breaking out super soldiers from cryo-freeze or something like that and Stark wants everyone to sign the Sokovia Accords," He further explained.

"And why don't we?"

"Because we won't be able to protect the world from harm if we have to ask permission from the UN every time," He answered and she huffed.

"Who all is in on signing these Accords?" She asked him and Clint thought back to his conversation with Steve.

"Uhh, Stark, Rhodes, Vision, some prince dressed in a cat suit, and Nat," He said with an uncomfortable look at the end.

"Wait, Nat too? Is that why she told me not to go anywhere? Is this why Tony is calling me?" She asked and Clint nodded.

"Oh my god. What-" She stopped whilst thinking about the people he'd listed off.
"What about Wanda?" She asked and he nodded.

"I'm picking her up soon," He answered and Jessie noticeably sighed with relief. Clint and Natasha were sort of her parental figures, but Wanda was like her sister.

"I'm? What about me?" She asked him and he passed her his phone which had information pulled up on the screen. There was a middle aged looking man's face next to a few crimes listed, but the name stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Scott Lang?" She asked.

"Some guy in an ant suit. Apparently, he can help us. Or at least that's what Sam said," He shrugged and she looked back down at the guy's information. "I need you to find him and bring him to the location I'm going to text you in a bit."

"Huh. So it's you, me, Wanda, Sam, this Scott guy, and Steve against Tony, a guy in a cat suit, Vision, Rhodes, and Nat?"

"Don't forget the cat guy is a prince. Oh and there's Cap's friend, too. Uhhh, what was it? Bucky, I think," He added quickly and Jessie's eyes widened as she turned her head abruptly to meet his eyes.

"WHAT?!" She screamed and he panicked, swerving the car into the opposite lane for a split second.

"God, Jess! Don't do that! You're emotions radiate off of you onto me because of your powers," He scolded her and she breathed deeply to calm herself down.

"Why is the Winter Soldier working with us?" She asked softly.

"Apparently he's a good guy now. I'm not all too sure what's going on with that, but I know he's here to help and if that means we can save the world? I'm in," He said with a smile.

"I thought you were retired," She smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I did too. But, our friends need us," He reminded.

"Yeah, but we're also fighting against our friends," She pointed out and he nodded slowly.

"Yep," He agreed. "But don't worry too much over it. I'm sure after all of this is over, you, me, and Nat will be running off into the sunset together like before," He laughed and Jessie followed suit.

"Whatever you say," She shook her head smiling to herself and looked out the window as they drove to find her a car so she could find an insect guy.