1.6

Jessie woke up in the darkness of a small room with no windows and only one door.

How convenient, she thought.

She was sitting in a chair with her wrists zip-tied behind her and her ankles tied to the legs of the chair. She squinted as she looked around for any type of light.

Her eyes widened when she found the blinking red light in the far corner of the room. She was being watched through a camera.

She sighed and leaned her head back. She replayed the events from before she had been drugged and remembered her conversation with Peter.

"I don't want to leave you, but I have to. We can't continue with us. I can't explain it any further but I need to keep you safe," She said through tears. Peter climbed off the edge of the building and started pacing along the balcony. She followed suit and went to calm him down, but he stepped further away from her.

"Dont.....don't touch me," He warned and she nodded in understanding. She knew this was her fault for falling for him in the first place. She knew she should've listened to the agents when they told her she could never fall in love.

"I'll just go," She said quietly and walked into the exit which connected to an elevator and brought her all the way down to the first floor of the building.

She felt her head pound as she thought back to the earlier events. She regretted not telling him the truth, but there was nothing she could really do about it. It was a 'secret' mission for a reason. But, being trapped in this room, she knew she had to get out and put those feelings aside.

Jessie's feet were hovering over the floor because of her height difference to the chair. She rocked her body back in forth until her toes touched the ground. She pushed off of the floor in a jump and broke the wooden chair underneath her.

She stood up and pushed her arms underneath her as she stepped behind them so that her hands were in front of her. She went to open the door, but found it locked. She groaned and hit it in frustration.

She felt her pockets to find her phone and knife that she usually kept hidden, but they weren't there.

The door knob jiggled and she stepped back to the far wall. When it opened, the guy stepped into the room wearing the same sunglasses and same outfit from when she was taken.

"Don't try to escape. It's not going to happen," He said closing the door behind him. He looked at the broken chair on the floor and then at her glaring face. "You've been busy."

"I've been kidnapped. What'd you expect? And what do you think you'll get out of kidnapping an Avenger?" She asked stepping closer to him.

"I'm not doing this because you're an Avenger. You're only here because I need to know what Spider-Man's real identity is....and you can tell me the answer to that," He pointed toward her.

"I couldn't tell you if I wanted to. I don't know who he is," She scoffed, but the man didn't buy it.

"I don't need mind powers like you to know you're lying," He laughed and she continued to glare at him.

"What makes you think I'd tell you, anyway? You can't do anything to me," She huffed and the man's face narrowed at her.

"Who says?" He shot back and Jessie ran towards him to pull off his glasses, but only took a few steps forward before he jabbed a taser into her rib cage and she fell to the the ground in a writhing fit.
"You see, as long as my eyes are shielded from you....you're powerless," He explained and Jessie gasped for breath. Her breathing finally evened out and she stood back up, hands still tied.

"That's not true. I can still fight," She said holding up her fists that were joined together by the zip ties. "You're just not making it fair," She nodded to the taser still flashing in his hand and her current restrained predicament. He grinned and threw the taser to the side before putting his fists in front of him as well.

"My sources say you were trained by Romanoff. Let's see if that's true," He smiled maliciously.

She threw the first punch with both her hands and he caught them, but she was quick to think and knee'd him in the groin. He groaned and she swung her leg up and kicked him in the face which caused him to spin and hit the floor.

She cut the zip ties on the sharp metal of the taser that was still on the ground before running to the door and was about to open it, when a hand grabbed her ankle and she fell to the ground in front of it. She yelped and rolled on her back so she could hop back onto her feet.

She turned again, but two arms snuck around her waist and pulled her away from the door. She threw her head back and heard the sickening crunch the man's nose made on impact before she was thrown into the wall. She grunted at the impact her head made on the wall as she collapsed to the floor again.

"When are you going to get it through your thick skull that you can't escape?!" He barked as he walked over to her, nose profusely pouring blood. He picked her up by her collar and she kicked his stomach just as he threw her to the other side of the room.

"The same day you get it through your thick skull that you're not going to get anything out of me!" She spat and kicked his leg out from under him so that he fell down next to her.

"You are one annoying kid," He coughed and stood up again along with Jessie who was trying to catch her breath.

"I'm just protecting the people I care about," She shook her head and he chuckled about to come back with a smart remark when she spoke again. "How much were these glasses? They look expensive," She said holding up the sunglasses that were once covering his eyes.

His smile dropped and he felt his face for the glasses that he thought were still there. His eyes widened and before he could run to the door, his eyes stay trained on hers and he stopped abruptly.

"Not so fast," She said, making sure he stayed in one spot. "What makes you think I'd let you go so easily?" She asked and his face contorted into one of fear. "You see, now that your eyes aren't shielded...you're powerless," She mimicked him.

"You don't know what you're talking about," He tried but she shook her head.

"But I do. I thought I was alone. But it's actually you who is alone," She realized and he smiled.

"Is that right?" He asked and Jessie was about to answer him, but she was cut off by the door busting open and eight people with guns aiming directly at her as they trotted into the room.

She raised her hands in surrender and backed away from the man. "Daniel, are you okay?" A woman asked and he scoffed.

"What took you guys so long?" He coughed. Two men grabbed her arms and she jerked away from them. "Get off of me! Who do you think you are?!" She screamed and the man that went by Daniel that she had just been fighting walked up to her and punched her in the stomach.

He beat her for a good five minutes before taking her chin in his hands and turning it up to his face.

"Ready to tell me about Spiderman?" He sneered and she looked up at his eyes.

"You wish," She spat the blood that filled her mouth, at his face and he took his arm in one hand and started bending it out of place. He shouted and yelled in agony. "I've controlled the mind of an evil god, an excellent marksman, a Hulk, an assassin with a metal arm, and the mind of a giant robot who was intent on saving the world by destroying it. And he killed thousands in Sokovia. I will not let you beat me into nothing," She shivered.

She screamed with all her might and everyone around her shot their hands to their ears. She felt everyone's minds burst with her own power and watched them as they fell to the ground with blood pooling out of their ears, noses, and mouths. She fell to her knees with tears in her eyes, but didn't stay there for long.

She stood back up quickly and ran out of the room. She entered a hallway where there were a few doors and an exit at the end. She rushed to the door and opened it up feeling the sunlight hit her face.