1.9

Peter was walking into his apartment complex listening to music after school. He had an old DVD player under his arm and his book bag slung around his shoulder. He still hadn't heard from Jessie and hoped she was okay, but he buried that in the back of his mind as he entered the apartment.

"Hey, May," He announced as he walked in. She mumbled from the couch as she put her cup of tea she had just drank from on the coffee table.

"Mm, hey. How was school today?" She asked as he set his things down on the kitchen table.

"It was okay. There's this crazy car parked outside," He said looking over at her and saw her sitting next to the one and only Tony Stark. His face dropped and he blinked a few times to make sure he was seeing correctly.

"Oh, Mr. Parker," Tony said as he looked at the teenage boy who stood confused. Peter smiled and straightened up.

"Umm...wha-what are you doing...hey, um...I'm-I'm-I'm Peter," He stammered and inched closer toward him. He always did that when he was confused or nervous.

"Tony," He replied.

What are you-what are you-what are you doing here?" He asked feigning excitement to be face to face with the biggest billionaire in New York.

"It's about time we met," He smiled softly and May mouthed a short explanation to Peter he wasn't sure of. "You've been getting my emails, right?"

"Yeah," He said unsure.

"Right?" He asked again and Peter repeated.

"Yeah. Regarding the..." He still was confused on what they were talking about and crossed his arms together.

"You didn't tell me about the grant," May said with wide eyes.

"About the grant," He nodded his head before Tony mentioned the name.

"The September Foundation," He pointed at Peter.

"Right," He agreed.

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?" Tony asked Peter who answered quickly hoping he would further explain this to him soon.

"Yeah." Aunt May mouthed "what?" To him but he looked back at the man in the gray suit who sat calmly.

"I approved, so now we're in business," He said giving Peter a stern look and taking a sip of his drink that was in a big teacup.

"You didn't tell me anything, what's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May asked Peter. He moved his hands around, getting ready to explain himself for something he didn't actually do.

"Well, I just-I just know how much you love surprises so I thought I'd let you know..." He trailed off and then thought of something else so turned to Tony. "Anyway, what did I apply for?"

"That's what I'm here to hash out," He motioned to Peter.

"Okay. Hash it out," He said resting his arms and watching Tony get ready to explain.

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's Aunt," He started off motioning toward his Aunt which made her smile.

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?" She said with a little laugh and Peter tilted his head, seeing where Tony was going with this.

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional," He complimented and Peter thought about the grant and if it offered money.

"Let me just stop you there," He told Tony.

"Yeah?" He looked back toward Peter.

"Does this grant have money involved or whatever? No?" He asked shyly as he rolled on his heels.