Run (20)

"I can't tell you that now" he sniffs looking at Zelvena. He clearly hated them , for some reason , he hated them with a passion and I need to know why
"Dad , she nice , honestly, please she's not going to hurt you and , and she's the best friend I've ever had, so get out of her face will you!" I look at him with an angry face. He snaps out of this angry face.
"It's true though isn't it, she is one of them."
"Yes , okay yes it is , but so what. I like the fact she is one, I think it's so amazing, and perhaps your blind to see how extraordinary they can be"
"I know exactly what they are like! Exactly."
He wasn't answering any of my questions and I didn't know know what to say, I mean I'm sat in a cafe trying to explain to my dad why I'm having a coffee with a Vampire, but he already knows far more then I'd of thought.
Zelvena shook , her body just looked as if was cold and she had shivered . But her eyes said otherwise , they had flashed a bright white with her black pupil glowing the colour of charcoal.
"What's wrong?" I ask nervously because now I only expect the worst, then you can't be disappointed
"It's our queen, she's calling us , she wants me and you back at darkveil .... now"
I stare at dad as he looks so cold and worried , he's alone and he knows it. Everybody he's ever know has left him , his own parents moved abroad when he was 17. He thought he'd found happiness when he met mum but soon she was gone to , and now me , I've left him too everyone slowly dissolves out of his life, but he never tries to cling on to them infact most of the time he's pushing people away...
"You stay here Holly! You do what I say! You don't go with her! We are going home I promised your mother!"
"No dad, I don't do what you say, I'm free from your shouting, your drinking and running away was the best thing I ever did."
He sits there looking annoyed as he knows he cannot make a scene in the cafe. He glares up evilly at Zelvena again.
"Now I know you don't care bout me , and to be honest I've learnt not to care. But if you want to remember me at least take a picture"
"Why would I do that?"
"Because you might not ever see me again."
"Don't be stupid you'll come crawling back when you get sick of this stupid sleepover!"
"It's not a stupid sleepover! It's a new life! And one I've only dreamed of having, you can't hold me back from it anymore, because it's what I want."
Zelvena agrees with me
"Sir, she's learning what "our kind" are like , Vampires get what they want, and so shall Holly. Now we really have to go"
I take her hand and we run out of the doorway and straight towards the nearest tree, it's a park like area and we don't stop until we get there , which with Zelvenas floating power , doesn't take long. I spot dad racing out of the cafe trying his best to charge after us to hold me back.
"DONT YOU DARE HOLLY" I hear him shout
I grab tight if her arms , look into her eyes and demand
"Go, go now!"
Dads getting closer, Zelvena nods and the purple mist slowly flows around my ankles . It swirls up my body and dads still running , oh god he's going to catch me! Oh god! But the people mist rises up to my head and I can't see anymore. I shut my eyes , knowing hes going to grab me.
I feel him shaking my arm, my eyes are closed , I open them quickly. It wasn't dad it was Zelvena. We made it to dark veil.
"Hey it's okay we made it " she smiles I wrap my arms around her as I feel my heart beating quickly.
Before I could say anything else , vellasette burst open the doors and cane running to us hugging us both.
"I saw parts of what happened," she sighed "I'm sorry Zelvena , he tried to make you feel worthless and holly, I'm sorry for what you have had to put up with."
"Vellasette?" I ask
I didn't know how to ask this I didn't want to be rude or be a burden but at the same time I was desperate
"May I stay?"
"Stay?"
"Here with you vampires , for a long time"
She looked at me as her eyes began to give a warm glow and her smile soon widened
"Holly , I'm glad you don't want to leave , it's so , so lovely to have you around"
I stopped for a moment as a question made its way back into my head. Why me? Billions of people in the world but for some reason I was picked to come here , they watched me grow up, but why?
"Zelvena , do you remember you said I was special? You said Vellasette picked me for a reason, why?" I look at them.