The Big News

I walk into the doctors office that I've been going to since I was a baby but suddenly it feels different.

I walk into the room with my mom and hop on the table to wait for my doctor to come in. She comes in with a stack of papers and a clipboard. She greets my mom and I and then starts to explain my test results.

"Your daughters test results show that she is developing leukemia"

"What?...no...that can't be..but she's so healthy...are you sure?" Then my mom and the doctor talked for what seemed like an eternity. I just sat there I didn't know what to do or what to feel. I was officially in shock. My doctor gave my mom the name of an oncologist and we finally left.

                       *on the car ride home*

"So the doctor said you don't have as many white blood cells as you should. And that's pretty much what leukemia is, it's when your body can't produce enough white blood cells."

My mom just rambled on about leukemia for a while and all I heard was.......white blood cells......cancer........chemo.......

Soon I zoned out and started day dreaming about Shawn.  After awhile my mom stopped talking cause she probably realized I was not listening. The rest of the car ride was awkward. My mom didn't know what to say I didn't know what to say.  After about 10 more minutes of silence I turned on the Shawn Mendes CD.

We get home and my mom immediately contacts the doctor and schedules an appointment for the next day. By now I'm really tired I go up to my room but can't sleep all I can think is. My life will never be the same.

Sorry it was so short but next chapter will get
really exciting I promise
~Erin💖