The Process

*2 months later*

I've been in and out of the hospital for the last two months. They've tried different medicines that have all failed so today I'm shaving my head and starting chemo. It's been really hard and painful. But all the doctors are really nice and supportive. I stopped going to school and pretty much lost contact with all of my friends. At first they would send cards and come see me but now I'm kinda old news. But Carrie still calls every day to make sure I'm okay and visits 2-3 times a week. I'm so lucky to have her.

I get up out of bed and take my handful of pills. I hop in the shower and wash my hair. I can't believe I have to cut it all of. But hey it'll grow back soon enough.

I walk downstairs and my mom calls, "You ready Lex?"

"Yup I'm coming."

I decided instead of just chopping off 15 inches of perfectly good hair and throwing it away I'll donate it to Locks of Love.

So first my mom puts my hair in a low ponytail and cuts that off and puts it aside. Then she gets the shaver thingy that boys use. She starts to shave away all of my hair. Once she's done she steps back and hands me a mirror.  I take a look and gasp I'd never pictured myself without hair but honestly it was still me not much of a change. My head felt a lot lighter.

We got in the car and drove to the hospital. The nurses greeted me and took me to my room I changed into a hospital gown and went in the room for chemo. Honestly I had never been more scared in my life....

Sorry it wasn't as interesting as I promised😬 But don't worry I'm getting there. If you have any comments or requests just let me know
~Erin💖