I Would Give You The World

~May 1990~

My baby shower was today and I was super excited to see what Rayne had planned for the day. Sadly Prince was unable to make it due to having a concert, but we talked earlier and I promised him that I would have a good time. The party started in an hour and a half so I had time to relax and figure out what I planned on wearing. Rayne wouldn't tell me the theme of the baby shower much less who was coming as she wanted it to be a surprise, but she told that I had to wear pink so I settled on a pink dress that Prince bought for me a while ago.

I showered then did my makeup and hair

I showered then did my makeup and hair. I slipped on my dress and shoes and looked at myself in the mirror. Being five months pregnant made me look more stunning than I normally am. My stomach continued to grow and Jaelyn wouldn't stop kicking unless I rubbed my stomach. I slipped on my comfortable wedges and made my way downstairs. I hopped in the car and made my way towards Rayne and Sean's house.

I arrived at the house a short time later and saw a few cars in the driveway. I knocked on the door and wondered who else was here.

"There's the mommy to be! You look so pretty Cass!" Rayne exclaimed as she opened the door letting me in.

"You look pretty too! Where's Sean and Zack?" I asked.

"Oh they went to the zoo with Sean's parents and won't be back until the end of the party. Now come on and let's get this party started!" Rayne replied.

Rayne and I walked into the living room and my breath was taken away. The living room was decorated in pinks and whites and the tables that had different things to munch on were simply decorated. Rayne handed me a pink pin that said "Mommy to be" on it and I pinned it on my dress. As for the guests, pretty much all of Rayne and I's friends were here and a few others were here including some of my old coworkers and people that I danced with at the studio. Once everyone was settled, it was time for lunch which consisted of pasta salad, French fries, chicken nuggets, chips, guacamole and a few other things.

 Once everyone was settled, it was time for lunch which consisted of pasta salad, French fries, chicken nuggets, chips, guacamole and a few other things

After lunch it was time to play a few games. I wanted to know what games we were playing, but again Rayne wouldn't tell me. I was talking to Tiana and Michelle when Rayne came back from the kitchen holding a bunch of diapers in a basket.

"What are the diapers for?" McKayla asked.

"It's for the first game. In each diaper is a different melted chocolate bar. You have to guess the name of the chocolate bar by tasting it. Whoever gets three right first wins a prize." Rayne explained.

She handed us each a diaper and counted to three. Once she counted to three, we all opened up our diapers. I knew it was chocolate but I couldn't help but be grossed out. The one I got was full of peanuts so I knew it could either be Snickers or Mr. Goodbar. I tasted it and quickly raised my hand getting Rayne's attention.

"What chocolate bar did you get?" She asked.

"I think I got Mr. Goodbar."

"You're right Cass it was Mr. Goodbar!" Rayne smiled handing me another diaper.

A few rounds later Demi ended up winning the game and we moved onto the next game which was guessing when I was due. Janet ended up winning that one when she guessed September 20th as my due date. I was due September 25th so she was the closest. The last game was chugging apple juice through a baby bottle which I won.

Last thing on the agenda was presents. There were so many presents that I asked Rayne to help me take them home. I got a bunch of clothes, toys, diapers and other things from everyone and I was touched by the love that Jaelyn was getting and she hasn't even been born yet. A few hours later the baby shower ended and I was getting ready to leave. Rayne and Demi helped me load up the car with my presents and the leftovers that was wrapped up for me to take home. Once the car was loaded up, Rayne and I hopped in the car and headed home. Once we got back to Paisley Park, Rayne put all of the gifts in the nursery as I put the leftovers away in the kitchen. Rayne had to go back home to help put Zack to bed so I hugged her goodbye and thanked her for throwing me a baby shower. It was honestly one of the best days of my life and I had a ball.

A short time later after my shower, I settled into bed and was about to go to sleep when the phone rang.

"Hello?" I yawned.

"Hi mama how was the shower?" Prince asked.

"Baby shower was so much fun. We got a lot of stuff for Jaelyn so I think we will be good for a while." I answered."

"Jaelyn is getting spoiled and she's not even here yet." Prince chuckled.

"I know. I miss you and really wish you were here for the shower." I stated.

"I miss you too and wish I was there but I have to go make this money for you, me and Jaelyn. But look on the bright side. Only four more months until I come home."

"And only four months until our daughter arrives."

'Right. Well Cass I'm off to rehearsal. Got a big show tonight in Rotterdam but I wanted to call and see how the shower went. I love you so much and tell Jaelyn that I love her."

"We love you too. Bye Skipper."

I hung up the phone and got out of the bed to turn on some music to help me sleep. I made sure it was at a low volume and crawled back into bed. I said a quick prayer for Prince, Jaelyn and myself and drifted off to sleep.