3. Jill Valentine

Jill×Male!Reader
(Requested by Brave_Vesperia)

Raccoon City had to be the worst place to be during a zombie outbreak. Infected walked amok in search of flesh of the living to feast upon while survivors, if any were alive, kept hidden from them. Gunshots sounded from the east side as a lone survivor tried her best to fend off the flesh craving monsters. She narrowed her blue eyes as she shot yet another zombie in the head.

She went to pull the trigger of her gun and widened her eyes when finding out she was out of ammo. The woman then pulled out her other handgun and quickly fired at the infected, clicking her tongue in annoyance as their numbers increased. There were only four zombies left when she ran of of ammo in her second firearm.

"Great." She growled and tossed the weapon at a zombie's head before taking off down an alleyway, dodging the infected as they crawled out of sewers and such. She groaned upon coming to a dead end and swiftly turned around, taking notice of three infected that came towards her. She happened to glance up, seeing a pole above her, jumped up and grabbed hold of it.

When one of the zombies tried grabbing her, she caught it to where its head was in between her legs. She then gave her legs a quick turn, which snapped the infected's neck, killing it. Her eyes then darted to the two zombies that had surrounded her on both sides. They grabbed at her and she let out a small yell before hearing the sound of two gunshots and watching as the zombie's fell to the ground, dead.

"A second later and you could have been their next meal." A voice said, causing the female to turn her attention to a man around her age. She dropped to the ground and stood up, dusting herself off before walking over to him. "The name's (Y/n), and you're welcome for me saving you."

"Jill Valentine, and I could have handled that myself if I didn't run out of ammo." She said and turned away from him. (Y/n) blinked and shook his head before taking out a handgun and holding it out for her. Jill looked down at the weapon and hesitated a bit before taking it. It wasn't anything personal, but she wasn't one to be too trusting with people.

At least not after what happened with Wesker. She trusted him, and look what happened. All this chaos that surrounded them both was because of him. "Are there anymore survivors or...?" The brunette turned to (Y/n) and shook her head. "Just you then, alright. I'm part of--"

"The U.B.C.S." Jill cut him off, her eyes narrowed slightly at the Umbrella insignia on his right breast. (Y/n) furrowed his brows at her, confused as to why she seemed angry for him when all he did was help her.

"Yes, and my team and I are to rendezvous on the roof of a building. We were sent here to rescue any, if not all, remaining survivors in the vicinity." The (h/c) haired male gave Jill a slight smile before frowning once she turned her head from him.

The two then headed out, the silence between them thick enough to be cut with a knife. He was still unsure as to why she seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder when he had only just met her, yet he didn't mind. After all, he had interacted with all sorts of people in the past who treated him like she currently did.

"Why do you work for them, for Umbrella?" She suddenly asked, causing (Y/n) to turn his attention to her and blink. He then raised a brow before softly smiling. "And don't say it's to help for the greater good."

"But what if that's my reason? Isn't that what Umbrella does, help those in need?" He said, and Jill shook her head. He was about to question her when a few infected came walking towards them. (Y/n) quickly brought up his handgun and shot the few that were present before turning to face Jill. "I'm here to help you, understand that."

She stared at him for a few moments before walking forwards, causing him to sigh and shake his head. "Umbrella helped the citizens here become these monsters." She said, making him widen his eyes. "Did they not tell you?"

"No." (Y/n) said, his eyes looking to the ground as he slowly closed them. "Is that why you're giving me the cold shoulder, because I work for Umbrella?" Jill didn't answer his question and simply walked on. He opened his eyes and went after her, shaking his head and keeping quiet.

He didn't care if she hated him or not, at least that's what he wanted her to think. In reality, he was a bit hurt. (Y/n) didn't do anything wrong to deserve to be treated like this. All he did was follow orders and save civilians he came across. And lucky him to protect her. He sighed, softly, and stayed quiet as he walked behind her.

His (e/c) eyes looked around while he tightened his grip on the weapon he held. The area they came into was eerily quiet and it gave an unsettling feeling to (Y/n). He assumed Jill could feel it, too, whatever it was. He then whipped his head around and clicked his tongue in annoyance upon seeing a horde of infected that had quietly befallen them from behind.

"Let's go!" (Y/n) yelled out to Jill and grabbed her hand, pulling her along and away from the horde, which only seemed to grow larger. "To that ladder over there, hurry!" He said and went to it, quickly ascending it and firing shots onto the horde of infected that had now surrounded the bottom of the ladder. "I'll cover you while you climb, but please hurry."

(Y/n) watched as Jill had made it towards the top of the twenty foot ladder before he widened his eyes, watching as the metal contraption made noises and began to fall backwards, taking Jill with it. In one swift motion, he got down on his stomach and grabbed hold of her hand, just in time too.

The ladder fell into the horde and Jill watched with wide eyes before looking to (Y/n). His brows were furrowed as his (e/c) eyes stared into her blue ones. His teeth clenched a bit as he slowly pulled her up onto the building and let out a sigh of relief. "That was close, real close."

"Thank you." He whipped his head around and stared at the brunette female for a bit, shocked by her sudden appreciation. "If you didn't act the way you did, I probably would have been their next meal." Her lips curled into a soft smile and (Y/n) grinned as he felt his cheeks turn a light shade of crimson.

"Like I said, I'm here to help you." The two stared at each other for a few moments before Jill, surprisingly, placed a small peck on his cheek. (Y/n) blushed even more and closed his eyes as he grinned. Once that was over, the two had hurried towards the roof of the building next to the one they were on, which was where the rest of (Y/n)'s team was.

Jill had warmed up to (Y/n), who would soon become her partner during future zombie outbreaks.

(I hope you liked it and this was fun to write. Jill is my favorite female character in the series, next to Rebecca. Feel free to PM me a request or shoot one out on the request page of the book.)