7. Carlos Oliveira (Pt.1)

Carlos×Female!Reader
(Time for the macho, Mexican gun man~)

The city was ablaze as the dead roamed the streets, their sickening moans echoing through the city. You scurried down the pavement, eyes wide with fear as you ran from the infected. You clutched your side, it being wounded from a jump you made and landed wrong with. You panted as you hurried to safety, wherever that may be.

You carefully maneuvered your way over corpses strewn all over the streets and scrunched your nose up, taking notice of the gruesome fate that befell a few of the once good citizens of Raccoon City. Some were missing limbs while a few were half eaten, and some were missing half their faces.

It was a sight truly horrifying, and it only got worse when you stumbled across a few infected as they feasted upon the remains of what used to be a human. Your (e/c) eyes widened and you took a few steps back, letting out a small yelp as you stumbled over a corpse. The zombies came towards you and you scooted backwards, your back hitting the door of a cop car.

Their moans echoed in your ears and you felt the tears roll down your cheeks as you brought your hands up, placing them over your ears to drown out their god-awful sounds. You hunkered down and bit your lower lip, thinking your time had finally come. Thinking that it was time for you to join the infected roaming the city.

Your thoughts were cut short when you heard the sound of a gun being shot and opened your eyes, them teary-eyed as you stared at a man, your savior. He walked up to you, squatted down in front of you and softly smiled. "It's alright, you're alright. It'll be okay." He reassured you as he extended his hand.

You slowly placed yours in his and he gently pulled you up on your feet. "T-Thank you..." You say, sniffling as you wiped the tears away with your hand. The brunette male simply smiled and closed his eyes, his hand still grasping yours.

"Come on, let's get you out of here, uh..."

"(Y/n)." You answered, and he nodded.

"Carlos Oliveira, and I'm here to save you." You felt reassured and soon let out a small hiss before clutching your side rather quickly, causing Carlos to quirk a brow. Once he noticed the reason for your discomfort he immediately took action, ripping a piece of his clothing off and gently wrapping it around your wound. "Were you bitten?"

You shook your head and sheepishly scratched your cheek. "No, it was caused by me jumping off a building and not landing properly." He chuckled lightly and you frowned, yet soon smiled softly when he looked at you, his chocolate eyes staring into your (e/c) ones.

"I'm sorry there's nothing more that I can do, but that should hold until we get you to a doctor." Carlos said, his lips curled upwards in a smile as he stared down at you. You nodded and soon followed close behind him as he led you off towards a rendezvous point to meet his team.

You took noticed of the small Umbrella insignia on the back of his vest and stared at it for a few moments, not realizing he had ceased walking and you ran right into his back. He looked over his shoulder and chuckled at you, causing your cheeks to dust a light hue of crimson. "S-Sorry..."

Carlos shrugged it off as an accident, a rather cute one, and motioned for you to follow him. "Do you have a family?" He suddenly asked, causing you to avert your eyes to the ground as you bit down on your lower lip.

"They became the infected...and tried to hurt me." You said, biting your lip even more to hold back the tears. Carlos immediately frowned and mentally scolded himself for asking such a question. "So I ran away, as fast as I could and then you found me."

"I'm sorry I asked such a question, but I was curious to know in case I needed to help them." He said, his voice low as he spoke. You closed your eyes and let out a small, soft sigh before reopening your eyes. "Sorry if I upset you."

You gave your head a small shake. "It's fine, really. There's no saving them, least not anymore." There was a silence that followed after your words as you and Carlos continued to move forwards, avoiding any, if not all, infected in the area.

"Let's rest in here." Said Carlos as he pointed to a small, secluded building, which seemed more like a storage unit. Your head gave a small nod and you watched as he went in first, gun raised as he scoped out the inside, making sure it was safe. "All clear."

You sat against a wall, your eyes on Carlos as he stared out a small glass window. Your head leaned back against the wall as you hugged your knees to your chest and stared at the ceiling. "Carlos." The male turned his head towards you and raised a brow before coming over and sitting down against the wall, a feet or three from you. "Will we make it out alive?"

"Of course we will." He said. "I'm here to help you, and I promise that you and I will make it out of here alive." Your eyes flickered to him, watching him smile sweetly at you.

"You'll keep me safe, right?" You asked.

"I'll die before anything can happen to you." You felt so reassured by his words and felt your cheeks heat up a bit, yet soon shook the feeling away as you thought more about it. Wasn't it his job to protect you? Of course, you were nothing but a civilian who was being rescued. Nothing more and possibly nothing less than that. Or so you assumed...

The tiredness ached in your eyes and you soon surrendered yourself to slumber, not noticing, or feeling, Carlos move closer to you. He sat his gun down on the other side of him before draping an arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him. He watched as you involuntarily rested your head against his chest and snored softly.

"I promise you, (Y/n), that I will get you out of here. You can count on me." He whispered to your sleeping form as he watched you, smiling at how peaceful you looked when asleep. "I won't break my promise to you..."

(You know, I honestly think Carlos deserved more screen time in the games. He was such an awesome character, and still is. Part two is coming, after two or three more story parts. Feel free to request and stay tuned for more stories!)