CHAPTER X. beautiful and terrible

☆ | CHAPTER TEN; BEAUTIFUL & TERRIBLE

| CHAPTER TEN; BEAUTIFUL & TERRIBLE

{"you are a thing both beautiful and terrible, and you deserve someone who treats you like the moon and can love the dark side of your soul too"}

The beast below them stomped and huffed, but made no move to ram through the line of droids, almost like even the mass of muscle and anger knew they were trapped. Ingrid looked around uselessly; without their weapons, she didn't see a way out.

She looked back at Obi-Wan, and as their eyes met, she wished it hadn't had to end like this. Her heart palpitated in her chest as she thought back on every moment, and it hurt her to know that she would die knowing he didn't need her.

Suddenly, the sound of lightsabers igniting filled the stadium, and the sound was music to Ingrid's ears. Almost materializing out of thin air, about a hundred of Jedi had appeared, sending the Geonosians fleeing.

Quick to retaliate, the extensive army of battle droids emerged from the tunnels, guns blazing as they attempted to take down the army of Jedi that had culminated in the center of the field. In the chaos, someone managed to give Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ingrid lightsabers, and after using it to unbind her hands, Ingrid used her blue blade to deflect the blaster bolts that rained down on them.

Weapons that Ingrid had never seen used by a droid before were wheeled out, the Separatists ready to flaunt their newly expanded army. From one piece of machinery came a gigantic blast, which exploded the ground beneath them, sending them flying off of the creature.

Ingrid had lost sight of the others, but she got up as quickly as she could to plow down the droids that came after her constantly, the assembly providing an endless flow of manmade soldiers. Although the Jedi were powerful, they were severely outnumbered, and found themselves surrounded by the droids.

"Master Windu, you have fought gallantly," Dooku's voice boomed, and the droids lowered their guns, ceasing fire to allow him to speak. "Worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi Order. Now, it is finished. Surrender, and your lives will be spared. Join me, and you'll get so much more."

Ingrid couldn't be sure, but she thought she saw Dooku's eyes meet her own as he spoke his last sentence. He was giving her one for chance to chose his side, and for the first time she found herself unable to find a reason to protest it.

"We will not be hostages to be bartered, Dooku," Windu said, his eyes blazing as he looked up at his old friend.

"Then, I'm sorry old friend," Dooku said, and Ingrid was surprised to see that he looked genuinely somber. With the clank of guns, the droid army raised their weapons, and Ingrid held her lightsaber aloft, ready to defend herself, despite the fatigue she was feeling.

"Look," Padmé said, and everyone looked to the sky as the sound of ships echoed throughout the stadium. The ships lowered and surrounded the Jedi, and as they got closer and closer Ingrid was both surprised and horrified to see that the ships were carrying clones.