THANK YOU

To my lovely readers,

We made it. It's been a long journey, but we're finally at the end. As I'm sitting here with the final chapter of Ingrid's story closed for good, I can't believe I'm writing this. I started this fic about two years ago with no expectations surrounding how many people would read my writing, and you can't imagine how lucky I feel to have so many people that love the character that I have created. It means so much to read all your wonderful comments, and I am eternally grateful for your endless support. I have made many wonderful friends through this fanfic and through this site, and I am so thankful for them.

The story I had planned for Ingrid when I first started writing this fic went through so many changes it's almost unrecognizable. I was always a big believer in planning out every single detail of a story before writing, but the process of writing Moondust has taught me that even if you plan, at a certain point stories begin to write themselves. So many aspects of Ingrid's life fell into place before my very eyes, and it got to the point where it felt as if the story was telling ME what to write. My writing idol, Stephen King, once said "go where the book leads you," and I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Even though many may point out that Moondust is just a fanfic, it really allowed me to grow as a writer and learn so much about the craft and about myself, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

I'm sorry it took so long, but thank you for following me all the way to the end. It is difficult to say goodbye to a character who's voice has been in my head for so long, but I'm proud of how Ingrid's story ended. I might consider a sequel in the future, which is why I left the ending slightly open-ended in case I ever considered revisiting the story, but for now I am moving on to new stories and new characters.

Ingrid will always hold a special place in my heart, as will this story. I am eternally grateful for all of you for giving me the opportunity to write my heart out.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Love,

Jules and Ingrid