EPILOGUE. every story

☆ | EPILOGUE; EVERY STORY

| EPILOGUE; EVERY STORY.

{"i hope that if alternate universes exist, it will still be you and me in the end. i hope that there will always be an us. in every world, in every story."}

After nearly a year of searching, Ingrid Faye and Obi-Wan Kenobi had located the First Jedi Temple on a small, rocky island rising out of the ocean that covered nearly the entire surface of the planet Ahch-To. The architecture of the temple, which had been abandoned during the early years of the Jedi, had long since faded away, but a vast cave carved out of the bluff remained, embellished with a mosaic of the original Jedi in the center of the floor. Once, the first Jedi had gathered around the mosaic to harvest knowledge of the force that would be passed on for generations.

Now, the New Jedi Order, founded by Ingrid and Obi-Wan, had found a home within the worn sanctuary, and like the first civilization of Jedi, collected around the ancient mosaic to strengthen their relationship with the force. Together, Ingrid and Obi-Wan had rescued children from across the galaxy from the nefarious hands of the Emperor and brought them to Ahch-To, where they could safely explore the nature of the force and gather the strength to one day take back the galaxy from the malevolent Sith. Among these children were Ingrid and Obi-Wan's own, Gemma and Osten, who's Jedi powers were only beginning to reveal themselves as they, like their peers, flourished under their parents' tutelage.

"Don't think, feel," Ingrid told her students as they sat cross-legged on the stone floor, facing the mosaic. Each padawan had their eyes closed tightly in concentration, attempting to reach out through the force to move the rock that had been placed in front of them— a lesson Ingrid fondly remembered being taught to her by Master Yoda. "Be one with the Force, and it will guide you."

In the beginning of the New Order, when Ingrid and Obi-Wan had only begun to plant the seed of what would become a thriving academy for the Force-sensitive, they nearly buckled under the weight of such heavy responsibility. However, throughout years, the two learned from their duties as mentors and parents, and had grown into wise and enlightened Jedi.

From the congregation of padawans, a single stone rose into the air, and Ingrid was not surprised to find that it was Gemma that had been the first to accomplish the task. Like her father, Gemma's connection to the force was strong since birth, and she had achieved much in her youth. In many ways, she was a replica of Obi-Wan— highly attuned senses and wise beyond her years— but her chesnut locks and fierce, burnished eyes were all her mother's.

Slowly but surely, the other padawans' stones begin to rise, until every student had successfully wielded the force and lifted the rock. All, except one.

The rock that had been given to Osten remained firmly in place on the stone floor, and the boy, upon sensing that everyone had succeeded save for himself, opened his eyes to glance around the room, shame painted all over his face. While Gemma followed in Obi-Wan's footsteps in regards to the force, Osten was much like his mother. The frustration that Ingrid sensed from her son was all too familiar to her— joining the Jedi order later than most placed her far behind her peers, and often left her disappointed in her own abilities— but she knew that it would soon pass. One day, Osten would escape his older sister's shadow and reach the potential of his bloodline, but for now that obstacle seemed impossible to overcome in his eyes. Despite his shortcomings in regards to combat and to connecting himself to the physical, he demonstrated great strength in the force, though his skills were better applied to influencing the mind and retrocognition. To him, it seemed that he was failing as a Jedi, but both Ingrid and Obi-Wan knew he was more powerful than he realized.