Chapter 11

~1 month later~

"Need help, Ash?" Rosita asked. "No I'm good." I told her. I was helping moving stuff around. We had just came into a new place known as the Alexandria Safe Zone. There was a quite of bit of people here but they welcomed us here. Eugene have been together for a month. We kept it a secret for like two days until nosy Rick kept bugging me and him about it and we finally told everyone. They were all happy and supportive. Once I sat the boxes down by my house, I saw Glenn walking towards me. "Hey Ashley." He called to me. "Yes?" I said. "We need you for us to go on a supply run." Glenn informed me. "Alright. Sure." I said. We both then walked to where Noah, Nicholas, and Eugene were. Noah was trying to hand Eugene a silencer gun. "Oh no thank you." Eugene said. "Just take it, you big goof." I chuckled as I playfully punched his arm walking by. "Come on, you gotta protect yourself." Noah informed him. "Not if I don't go." Eugene told him. Aiden had then walked in. Ugh I hated this guy, he keeps trying to hook up with me. "We're not driving all that way so we can just drive back with the wrong shit." Aiden explained to Eugene. Aiden looked over at in a flirting way. I hacked up some spit and spat it at him. "Gross, bitch." Aiden mumbled. I smiled at him. "It's a dozen of these. They are consistent in appearance across factors. The shit will be right. I will install said shit. Then the grid will be fully operational again." Eugene explained. Noah just pressed the silencer against his chest. I chuckled a little. Eugene was reluctant but he took it, while Noah walked off. I walked up next to him. "You'll be fine. I am coming with, so you'll have a guide." I explained to Eugene. "True. But you're my girlfriend." Eugene told me. "Yeah, but I'm also your guide to bravery." I reminded him. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. Eugene smiled in response and pulled me into a hug. Once I started dating Eugene, I found out that Eugene is a big hugger. "Daylight's burning. Let's go!" Aiden called out. Eugene and I climbed into the van and we were on our way. Tara joined us as well. But then Aiden began playing music. "Great. Another mix." Noah sighed as we began loading up our guns. "Oh I would kill to listen to Korn or Metallica again." I sighed. "Wow didn't know you were a metal fan." Nicholas told me. "The music will help draw them away." Glenn said. "Very true." Tara called out. We arrived at the place in 15 minutes. Once we all stepped out, Tara asked:"That's it there?" "That's the warehouse." Aiden answered her. We were grabbing all of our weapons getting ready. "Looks like that first door is the fastest way in and out. We should know all of the exits. So there's a plan if things go south" Glenn suggested. "Already got one. It's called going out the front." Nicholas called out. I snorted a chuckle but I stopped when Glenn peered at me. Aiden handed me my bag but tried to grib on my hand in a romantic way. I slipped my hand out of his and smacked his cheek. "Ow." He said. "Hmh." I said and walked to Eugene. "Noah, heads up." Tara called to him. We all looked and a walker was walking towards us. "Got it." Noah said. Noah pointed his silencer to the walker and shot it at exactly 20 feet, 12 inches, and 20 milli inches away! "Look at you with the aim." Aiden told Noah as he handed Noah a gun. "Glenn's right. We should do a perimeter check. Know our exits just in case." Aiden added. And that was that. I began walking with Eugene, with Tara following. As we were walking, a walker came up on Tara but she killed it before I could pull out my knife. The walker body fell with a thud, and we began scouting again. "So you're aware, I'm on record as stating that I should not be here." Eugene announced. "Yeah so did Aiden. But I done told that son of a bitch that I should be and will." I mentioned. Eugene chuckled. "But you know well I am not combat ready or even for that matter inclined." Eugene added. "You will, ya big goof." I told him as I playfully punched his arm. "You never are, till you are." Tara said. She sounded pissed off and annoyed for some reason. "But you got to start pulling your weight. You know, I did." Tara mentioned. Eugene and I looked over at her. She noticed. "What?" She questioned as she looked at both of us. "All things being equal, I do believe my weight's been pulled. I got you all to DC, which, in this man's opinion, is damn near nirvana by current standards." Eugene mentioned. Damn right. My boyfriend here is speaking my mind. "Except you didn't get us here." Tara said. I gave her a 'You-Better-Watch-Your-Mouth' look. She noticed but didn't care. "We got you here." Tara added. We began walking again. "But were it not for me and my mention of the city's potential for home and hearth, not a one of you would have had the vision to come here, let alone the cojones to travail such a fraught and punishing pilgrimage. And that, sister, is a fact. That's as cold and hard as they come." Eugene informed Tara. "Amen, brother." I told Eugene as I slapped his hand. Tara gave me an annoyed look. I just smiled at her like I didn't give a shit. "God, you're really that much of a coward?" Tara spat. I froze in my stance. So did the others. "Yes, I am. I told you I was." Eugene admitted. That's it. "You better watch your mouth, sunshine." I spat at her Tara ready to charge at her. But Eugene grabbed onto my arm, holding me back. Tara then walked ahead. I sighed deeply to chill out. "I honestly cannot stand her at times." I said. I get along better with Daryl than I do with Tara! "You don't need to get defensive over me." Eugene told me. I looked up at him. "In my point of view and stance, yes I do. No one should call you a coward or even worse make you admit it." I explained to Eugene as I held his hand. "I know, but I am a coward." Eugene said. "At times, yes. But you have been better since I first saw that mullet of yours." I told him. Eugene smiled a little. I stood up and kissed Eugene on the lips. He kissed back. We wrapped our arms around each other and continued kissing. I loved this man so much and I could tell he felt the same. When it comes to love, Eugene shows it a lot. We released and stared at each other's eyes. "I love you." Eugene told me as he kissed my nose. "I love you too, Eugene." I told him and kissed his cheek. We then released and caught up with Tara. A little while later, we met back up with the others.