Chapter Five

Kanan pov
It had been a week since we rescued Ezra, and he still hasn't told us what happened, he's just been very quiet, and trust me that boy is anything but quiet....
"Hera, can I have a talk with you, in private?" I asked during breakfast.
"Yeah sure Kanan." She replied as we left the table, I took a quick glance at Ezra, but he just avoided eye contact,
"Hera, we need to do something about this, something is obviously troubling Ezra, I can feel it. It's hurting him."
"Kanan I know, I've tried believe me I've tried to talk to him, even Chopper has been nice to him, but it seems like the only person he feels comfortable talking to is Sabine." She said mentioning the Mandalorian.
"Well then let's get Sabine." I said calling her into the room.
"Yeah what's up?" She asked.
"Sabine we've noticed Ezra's.... silence and we have also seen him only talking to you, is everything okay?" I asked the teenager.
"Guys, Ezra told me everything, and I mean everything, he told me how the inquisitor tortured him, electrocuted him, and threw him around, like a loth cat with a toy. He told me that the inquisitor tried to convince him to join the Empire and that we were never coming back for him. I've never seen Ezra so, empty inside....." She described.
Hera and I were stunned at what we were hearing. "Okay thank you Sabine we will have a talk to Ezra later." Hera announced.

Ezra pov
Sabine and I walked into the Phantom to talk in private, she was the first one to speak.
"Ezra, I told Hera and Kanan what happened, they're very concern for you, we all are."
"......"
"Why are so quiet!? What are you holding back from us?!"
"Sabine I can't tell you...." I whispered. "Fine." She said sternly as she left the room.
A couple of minutes later, Kanan called me into his cabin, I walked in there, immediately regretting my decision. "Ezra, have a seat, I want to talk to you alone."
"Okay...."
"What happened out there?" He immediately asked.
I told him everything, but one last thing that I hesitated to say...
"Then they...." I stopped.
"They what Ezra?"
I rolled up my sleeve and just below my right shoulder was an imperial mark.
"Ezra......"
I quickly rolled the sleeve down and looked away from my master, tears rolling down my face.
"Ezra you can go now."
I ran out of the cabins and went to the room I shared with Zeb and locked the door.
Kanan pov
"Hera, Sabine Zeb and chopper, common room now!"
They all quickly went into the room as I told them everything Ezra had told me.
"Guys it gets worse," I had said.
"How worse Kanan?" Hera questioned.
"They put an imperial tattoo on his shoulder."
They all quietly gasped.
"They broke him...." I quietly said to them. "It's hard to remember that he's just a kid, he's to young to be going through this Kanan." Zeb said.
"Yes Zeb, I know."