prologue

Rewritten: 8/1/21 and 9/13/23

THE COLD WOLF
{prologue}

In a world where anything was possible that was not the case for Rosalie Hale, or maybe it was. She thought she wasn't able to get the one thing she wanted most, yet she was wrong...

 She thought she wasn't able to get the one thing she wanted most, yet she was wrong

Snap. A sound in the distance triggered Rosalie on her late evening hunt. It was almost like an infant, crying? It was weird, why would there be someone in the woods at this time of day. It was almost night time. As she walked closer she could hear a heartbeat, faintly. Wondering if there were people in the area, but there wasn't. She couldn't hear any other heartbeats, but one, and as she stepped closer to the faint cry it stopped. A baby.

"Emmett" a daze look on her face.

"Rose, what is it?" Emmett said coming up behind her.

"A baby." Rosalie says smiling to herself.

She looked into the fairly newborns eyes and fell in love. She picked up the delicate human and rushed towards Emmetts side with a huge smile on her face. She couldn't help but feel like she might be able have a family, and it was with someone she loves. With a beautiful baby girl.

She wasn't sure if she was being tricked into something, or if she had to watch her daughter die one day, but she wanted the perfect life she always imagined and she can finally have it. She decided no matter what the odds were coming her way she would raise it as her own, along with Emmett. She wanted what she always envisioned, even if it wasn't going to last forever.

Alice was right by the doors when Rosalie and Emmett rushed her over to Carlisle to get her checked and cleaned up. Things went by smoothly, but Alice couldn't see her future clearly. She pushed it away thinking maybe it was just a subjective vision. Things tend to change, and this girl was fairly just born. She then saw another vision, one she never wanted to say aloud. Thinking it can cause more harm than good, but Edward saw it. And he was not going to let anything happen to this baby or break Rosalies unbeating heart.

Carlisle finished cleaning her when he found a note stuffed in her blanket from when she was swaddled up.

"My dearest Davina, I am so utterly heartbroken to have to do this to you. I never meant for this to happen, but I need you to live a somewhat normal life. If anyone ever finds out about you things can happen, bad things. I don't want that for you, you deserve to life a somewhat happy and fulfilled life. Even if that's not with me. I will always be thinking about you, hoping maybe one day if things are meant to be we will be able to reunite again.

To whoever finds her, please keep her safe, don't let her out of your sight, and keep her happy. She has special gifts that no one can no about. Powers so strong that people will fear here, and will want her for dead. Davina deserves the best life and I know whoever finds her can her give that more than I ever could. After only seeing her for a couple days I knew she was the most beautiful thing to be brought into this world.

My Davina I love you dearly with all my heart.

With love, Your Mother "

Carlisle passed to the Cullen family showing the photo of Davinas' biological mother.

"What's her name?" Emmett asked looking into Rosalies' pure eyes

"Davina... her names Davina" Rosalie states with a bright smile on her face.

Rosalie smiled deeply in love caring her bundle of joy with Emmett towering both the girls, smiling at them. Davina looked up at the people in front of her happy and a toothy grin.

Edward smiled at the new happy family. Reading Davinas mind, smiling at what she was thinking. She was going to be a great addition to the Cullen Family, and he couldn't wait to have a happy Rosalie in the midst of their open home. It was going to be a hell of a ride for them all.

Rosalie took this chance to bring Davina to the open window in their living room and showed her the world. Her world. She was determined to protect her from it, but also show her what is out there.

"I am going to be the best mother to you" Rosalie whispered kissing her delicate little forehead.