11

Chapter eleven

"So are we together now?" Quan sipped his Mountain Dew.

"I guess you can say that." Jade smiled.

"Finally after all this time...you're mines." Quan smiled.

"Hold on my phones ringing." Jade reached in her bag and pulled out her phone.

"Are you serious?......This is crazy......I would love to meet him......This weekend?......Ill be there." Jade hung up the phone.

"Who's that?" Quan fed Brielle.

"That was my aunt. My father reached out to her and he wants to meet me." She continued. "For the first time."

"You never saw your dad?" Quan dropped his fork.

Jade shook her head. "Nope. When my mother was 6 months pregnant, he left and she and I never seen him again."

"Well are you going to go through with it? I mean that's 19 years of catching up." Quan smiled.

"He's coming to New York this weekend to see me." Jade smiled.

"Can I come?" Quan sat Brielle on his lap.

"Of course you can." Jade smiled. "I need my support system there and I'm planning on bringing the girls."

"I wonder what he looks like." Quan laughed.

"I have no idea but we should be getting home. I have to start washing clothes, cook and study for school." Jade smiled.

Quan sat $25.00 plus $5.00 tip on the table. Jade grabbed London's hand and the family walked outside to Quan's car. Jade buckled London and Brielle in then got in the passengers seat. Quan got in the drivers seat and drove back to Jade's apartment.

*

"Check that lasagna for me please." Jade read over a paragraph in her chemistry text book.

Quan grabbed the glove and opened the steaming hot oven. He lift the top off the pot and poked around the lasagna with a fork. "Done." He smiled as he sat the lasagna on the stove and turned off the oven.

"Alright I'm almost finished." Jade finished her last sentence. After she was done studying, she closed her book and sat it on the coffee table.

"Get the girls please" Jade grabbed 2 adult plates and a kiddy bowls. She filled the plates and bowl up with lasagna and sat them around the table, with three cups of juice. She opened a container of baby cereal and peaches and mixed it around in a bowl.

"Dinners done!" Quan came in the dining room holding Brielle and London following right behind him. London climbed in her chair, and Jade and Quan joined her.

"God is good, god is great, thank god for this mighty plate." Jade, Quan and London bowed their heads and shouted.

After grace, they dug in.