43

NOTE: I've decided to skip a few months out of Jade's pregnancy. I figured it would be better in the story. Hope you guys don'tmind, xoxoxo. THIS CHAPTER IS NOT ENTIRELY EDITED SO DONT MAKE FUN OF IT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER FOURTYTHREE

Jade sat in the waiting room looking through a pregnancy magazine. Not like she really needed any information, she figured she knew it all. Considering the fact this is her 3rd time being pregnant.

Dr. Johnson came in the waiting room. "Jade Davis." She called out.

Jade dumped the magazine back where she got it, grabbed her bag and wobbled over to Dr. Johnson.

Dr. Johnson shockingly looked at Jade. "Those twins are really growing in there."

Jade exhaustedly sighed. "Yes they are. I can't even walk 20 steps without getting tired."

"Well you have one more month and then you'll be finished with this whole process. But for right now, let's get to this ultrasound meeting." She smiled.

Jade went in the room and immediately laid down on the examination table.

Dr. Johnson pulled her shirt up and squirted the gel on her stomach. She grabbed the stick and started spreading the gel around.

Jade paid close attention to the monitor.

"Healthy babies." Dr. Johnson smiled.

Jade laughed. "I figured that."

"Your twin boys are doing perfectly fine. Usually twin pregnancy comes before the nine months so around eight months you'll start feeling contractions. If they get unbearable then come to the hospital. If they aren't as bad then I would just recommended staying off your feet."

Jade nodded.

Dr. Johnson cleaned the gel off Jade's stomach and pulled her shirt down. Jade slowly got up and sat on the examination table.

"Any complications?"

"Well I'm really exhausted like all the time."

"You have a huge belly I would be exhausted too." She amusingly laughed

"Well I guess you're right."

"Here's the pictures once again and thank you for coming. I'll see you again in 4 weeks."

Jade gently took the pictures and shoved them in her bag. "Thanks and have a good day."

She left the clinic, got in the car and drove to her new apartment which was about 15 minutes away. Jade loved her new life in Jersey City, New Jersey. She finished college, found a new apartment thanks to the help of Erica's friend and most importantly, she was away from drama. Life was perfect.

~

Jade parked her car in front of her apartment and quickly went into the house to avoid the heat.

"Hey babe." Nathan paused his Grand Theft Auto IV game.

Jade kneeled down and kissed Nathan on the lips. "Where's the girls?"

"Upstairs playing. Your moms came earlier."

Jade made herself a cup of orange juice. "Did she say anything about the cancer?"

"She just said that her last appointment the doctor said it went away thanks to the treatment. But she said there's a chance it can come back bigger and worse."

Jade rubbed her stomach. "Damn."

Jade slowly went upstairs to London's room. Can you believe the last month, she turned five? Times flying. Before we know it she'll be going away to college.

Jade opened her door. "Hi Lonnie."

London sat her iPad on a pillow and jumped off the bed.

"What did I tell you London? Didn't I say I don't want you playing with that iPad if I'm not here? It's so big and fragile and you don't know the proper thing to do with it. Brielle will get a hold of it and break it. That iPad was an expensive birthday gift from your dad and he would be pissed if you broke it." Jade scolded her.

She sucked her teeth. "I wanted to play with it!"

"London don't suck your teeth at me. Do you want to stand in the corner?"

London quickly shook her head.

"NOW GET THE DAMN IPAD OUT OF HERE AND PUT IT BACK IN MY ROOM." Jade yelled.

Nathan came upstairs to the rescue. Every time Jade yelled at the kids, he would come to defend them. Nine times out if 10, he blamed it on pregnancy attitudes.

"Yo Jade chill out. She was just bored and wanted to play with it. I was watching her with it."

Jade rolled her eyes. "Nathan I don't care."

"It's just those pregnancy attitudes, go lay down in bed and relax." He smiled.

"Maybe it is just mood swings. London,

I'm sorry for yelling at you for something so stupid. But I want you to understand where I'm coming from. Your last tablet, Brielle broke. You didn't watch it correctly and wasn't responsible. I refuse to let that happen again so if I have to stay on top of you I will."

London nodded.

"Can I get back on it?" She asked.

"Yes princess."

Jade left London's room and went into hers.

"Nathan I would love if you don't interfere when I'm scolding my kids please. They get so spoiled when you do that. Now it's to the point where, they know when you're home they won't get in trouble because you'll always be here to get them out of trouble."

He laughed. "I'm not getting them outta' trouble. I'm just saying that you be bugging sometimes with those mood swings."