36

Chapter thirtysix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later,

Jade got dressed in black slacks, pink cardigan and black high heels. Her hair was slicked up into a bun and she had her favorite peach pink lipgloss on.

Today was court day.

"Mommy loves you." Jade kissed London's cheek and held her tightly. This could be the last hug they share for 6 months.

"Love you too mama where you going?" London questioned

"Mama's going to see very important people. If I don't come back that means mama's going to Trinidad for a few months to be with family and if I do come back that means my plane got canceled." Jade smiled

London nodded.

Jade held tightly onto Brie. She kissed her several times before letting go.

"Alright let's go." Jade opened the door and walked outside to the car.

She wanted to leave before she cried and she didn't want her girls to see her crying. As much as she wanted to break down, she had to stay strong for the girls because if she didn't, who will?

Jade strapped her seatbelt while her Erica drove as quickly as she could to the court.

"So what happens if I go to jail?" Jade sighed.

"Then I guess I'll stay in California and take care of the girls until you get back. That's the only choice because I refuse to separate them and let Brie go with her dad's side of the family and let London go with her dad's side of the family. I refuse, I refuse, I refuse." She smiled. "Make sure you tell them that you're 3 weeks pregnant so they can atleast take it easy on you."

Jade nodded.

They pulled up to the courthouse and got out. "Here goes nothing." Jade sighed

"Come on. Let's get this over with." Erica patted Jade's back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~