Chapter 1- Confrontation.

He didn't want any of this to happen. Well... Most of it, at least.

A lay slumped on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He wasn't sure how he was feeling - all of his overthinking had really gotten him nowhere. Why was he so reluctant? It was clear that this 'once a week' thing had already gone too far, yet he was pushing it further. A pulled at his tie with frustration.

 After all, what they were going to do meant barely anything to A; he just wanted to get away from everything in his life. The stress, the late nights, the arguments...

"You ready to go?" A figure appeared by the door, to A's surprise. She stood there meekly, wearing a sparkling dress and a pair of heels to make her slightly taller, although she was still reasonably small. Despite putting all her efforts into her makeup, however, A was, of course, only attracted to the more physical parts of the girl.

 "I've finished getting ready. I'm quite excited," she says. A saw the glisten in her eye and realized that there was no option to go back after this.

"Wow..." Was all he could stutter, as his glasses began to steam up. He could feel the lust crawling across his skin. He wanted to get lost in it, although it was clear that he couldn't hide the fact that he was anxious about the evening.

 The girl did the biggest spin her tiny dress could handle before cutting off any circulation. "I know, right? I'm just too gorgeous," she giggled, playing with her silky hair, as A was practically lost for words. He decided not to give into his worries - at least not while she was here.

 "Well, I'll wait for you out the front, but you better be out in five!" the girl said, scuttling out into the hall in her deadly-sharp heels.

 As soon as he heard the door shut, A launched himself off of the bed and urgently checked his phone. No messages. No sudden voicemails. Not a single hint of his secret getting out.

 But then he paused - why was he letting himself panic about this? A had deserved some sort of happiness. He had somehow let his life turn from an action thriller into some boring news program. This, he thought, is going to be the night I need.

 And soon enough he was in the cold night air outside of the apartment.

 But A was still anxious, despite reassuring himself countless times. He wiped the sweat from his hands onto his jeans again, desperately trying to get a grip.

 The girl, on the other hand, was eager to go. She clung to his arm and began to walk, but A stopped suddenly.

"A-are you sure you want to go tonight?" A stuttered. He alarmingly checked his phone for the third time. He felt tempted to go with her, but still tense.

 "Well, duh. Are you really gonna be like this all evening? Look, I get you're nervous A, we both know I'm out of your league-" the girl flips her hair back over her shoulder. She slowly retraces her steps back to him and says, "It's okay, Alfie."  She leans towards his ear, her breath warming him up like a rekindled flame. "Soon, it'll be nothing but you..."

She pulled him into an intimate gaze as the wind stirred around them.

"And me..."

She leaned closer.

"Alone together-"

"A?! How COULD you?" 

 The pair were so taken aback that everything froze for A. As if his heart had stopped. Time itself had stopped. 

 Because he recognized that familiar voice anywhere. He knew exactly what he was doing, and now it was time for him to face the dreaded consequences. After remaining frozen in shock, he broke away from the girl. He rearranged his glasses. And so, with the world crumbling around him, he looks up.

To see J breaking down in front of him.

Life Goes On.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें