Chapter 3 - Risk.

L burst through the changing room doors, her heart hammering out of her chest like a bullet from a gun. Netball tryouts were intense! Just when everybody thought they were going to leave with a tiebreaker, L managed to swiftly take the ball from the defender's reach, scoring a last minute shoot to keep the team's title.

Her head was buzzing from the excitement, as L slumped on the bench. Ever since she had left the sports hall her eyes had glassed over from the haze. "That game was neat, huh?" She huffed, rummaging through all the clothes on the scratched floor. It was a little bit funny actually, she was expecting a response from the team. But then again, everyone was tired after the last match! So she-

Click.

L's head snapped up, her senses firing back to reality. Why were they locking the changing room doors? Surely they knew the team was changing back into uniform.

"Guys, why are they-" L froze. Her neck whipped round to reveal something that made her stomach drop. She kept consistently blinking as if her mind were playing tricks on her.

She was the only one in the changing room.

The BOY'S CHANGING ROOM.

How did she not notice? In her sweaty palms lay the stained shirt of... A guy? She could suddenly hear the shouting outside the backdoor and ran behind one of the lockers. Tingling with both the anticipation and the shock, L considered her options.

"I could just wait it out..." she mumbled, but she knew that she was bound to be caught. Wouldn't that make the situation a whole lot weirder? "I could run out into the herd..." she muttered. Then again, it would probably kill her reputation. She'd have to hide in a bin for the rest of her life like a raccoon. What would the teachers say?

Her thoughts were shattered when the stench smacked her in the face. Boys were streaming through the changing rooms, and the smell almost caused L to faint. It was worse than the out-of-date cheese her brother was stashing at the back of the fridge! Lily shook her head, quickly realising that the only way out of this hellhole was to become... One of THEM.

She quickly untucked her PE shirt, stuffing its insides with some of the toilets roll conveniently placed on the side. She was totally pulling this off. Right? Her curly ringlets fell onto her shoulders as she ripped the hair band out of her hair in a hurry. Taking a deep breath, Lily slouched forward and stumbled into the terrifying abyss of the changing rooms.