Chapter 1

I hate walking to school. I have to leave my warm house to go to a cold school with other people. Ew. Some people might love going to school on the first day, but I'm going into my second year in high school now which means even more people. New people. Fun fact; you know when people look at the sun rise or set and look amazed, I envy those people. It's the same thing with rainbows and things that are supposed to look pretty. I sigh out loud. What a beautiful rainbow of colourless life today. As you would expect I don't wear very much colour, and trust me I know when somethings not black or grey or white. Either the tag says it or it has a weird tinge to it.

I zip up my sweater as a slight breeze passes me, for a day in autumn, it's fairly cold. That and it's early in the day so what do I expect?

I slowly walk in the school doors and sadly, I see many familiar faces. I sigh and roll my eyes to myself, putting an ear bud in my ear after selecting I'm Yours by Jason Mraz on my playlist. I go to choose one of the colourless full length lockers in the same hallway as last year. Sadly the locker I had recently had has already been chosen. Frustrated, I place my items in a new locker and head over to the main entry of the school to collect my schedule. My first class of the day is math. I don't mind even though it's the harder course, not a sweat. Our school doesn't take up much time for other stuff other then lockers the first day, and since I'm in the second year it's not that big of a deal. I head to my first class and already see something I dislike, the people I hate most. It's like every cliché where there is a popular group, and I dislike this 'popular group'. As I pass by, one of the guys wink at me. In disgust I roll my eyes and walk faster, only to find him and one other guy following me. Everywhere I turn to get to my class they turn with me. I try to walk faster but since they're way taller than me, they can see me easily. I sigh as I slip into my first class, taking the seat I desire most, at the back right of the room by the windows. The two dimwits that were following me slip into the classroom as well. I groan. Of course to my stupendous amount of luck, the one dimwit, who's name is Tyler sits beside me. The other dimwit, Zach, the retard that winked at me takes the seat in front of me and turns around.
"So-" he begins. I cut him off while placing my small hand in front of his face.
"What do you idiots want?" I question while shooting them the iciest glare I can manage. They can tell I'm not amused.
Zach smirks and looks me right in the eye.
"Just a new friend Finny."
I glare at the idiot. Clenching my hand into a fist.
"Don't think I won't punch you Zachary Wrush."
He puts his hands up in defeat and gives me the same stupid cocky smile that's always on his face
"I didn't do anything babe." He winks
"Why you little-" I was cut off by the teacher clearing his throat, who had an expression on his face that practically screamed 'why do I still have this job'.
He sighed and looked around the class.
"I hope you all have made wise choices with your seating because this is were you will be for the rest of the year." Wow, thanks teach. At least I have the window. I look over at Tyler who is already staring at me. He smiles, clearly embarrassed, scratching the back of his head. Tyler Faye has very dark hair. I'm guessing it's black but it may be a dark brown. Not that I care.

Neither Zach or Tyler looked at me for the rest of class. For two idiots, they pay a lot of attention. After class was done Zachary came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Soooo Finny what's your next class?"
I flinched at his touch for no one but my brother has touched me in a very long time. After I finish cringing I punch him in the gut, obviously winding him.
"Whoops my arm slipped" I say with a smirk on my face, I turn around seeing Tyler helping Zach up. Whoops I guess he fell over.
"And it's none of your damn business"
He sticks out his bottom lip, finally on his feet.
"Awe Finny why not" he still hasn't stopped smiling
"You have quite the punch for a little girl" he says smiling even bigger.
"Zachary I'm going to slap that smirk right off your damn face" he looks at me with doubt
"My face is too pretty to be touched" he pokes me in the back.
"Yeah okay. Try stupid" I start walking, hiding the smile with my hair. Dumb and Dumber right behind me.