Chapter 3

Did he just say what i think he just said?

"Uhhh, Fin?" Tyler said, smiling at me with worried eyes.

"Haha where did 'Fin' come from?" I bursted out fake laughing to try and change the subject. Zach pushed up his fake nerd glasses again.

"Listen here little missy, we are here to ask questions, not talk about nick names. We want to know more about you." He glared at me teasingly.

"Why don't I get to ask you guys anything then?" Tyler glared at my question.

"Why won't you answer the stupid little question I asked you?" He looked confused.

"WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT MY FAVOURITE COLOR!?" I felt a warm stream of tears roll down my cold face. I have never cried in front of another person before in my entire life, let alone two teenage guys. I wiped my face rapidly with my dark sweater sleeve. Looking up, I saw their faces. Concerned, compassionate and dumbfounded. I guess I've always had a slight talent for reading peoples expressions.

Neither of them said a single word for the next ten minutes. Awkward.

I got up, their eyes shifted to the ground simultaneously. "So you guys want some popcorn or something?" I said with a small smile. Zach nodded his head. I began walking towards the small area where I keep a small fridge and a microwave with a couple other cupboards with chips, popcorn bags and other snacks. When I was about two feet away, one of them came up and wrapped their massive hands over my slim arms. I froze.

"Listen, if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to, but we would appreciate an explanation." Zach said softly, I turned my head to Tyler as he smiled sympathetically.
"Sure, just-um- give me a sec." Zachary released my arm and nodded silently.

While the second bag of popcorn was in the microwave, Zach and Tyler were whispering to each other with worried looks on their faces, continuously looking at me.

When all three bags of popcorn were finished and put into bowls, I walked back over to the couches handed the boys each a bowl and sat down next to Tyler.

"Listen, Fin. I'm really super duper sorr-" I cut Tyler off

"Don't apologize, I hate the word 'sorry' and I'm not all that great whatsoever with sentimental crap. It wasn't your fault, it's not like you knew it would upset me, I didn't even know it would upset me since I've been dealing with the same stupid question my whole life. It isn't that big of a deal so I guess I should have told you both anyways." I took a deep breath. Zach looked anxious to know while Tyler looked uncomfortable and still apologetic. Even though I've been dealing with it my whole life I've never actually told someone 'hey I'm Fin and I don't know the colors of the rainbow because my eyes are screwed up.' I mean I do know the colors of the rainbow I learned the stupid song when I was in preschool, but I don't know them.

"I'm colorblind" I said, looking at them both in the eye.

There was no reaction, as if they were processing something I had explained so simply.

"THAT IS SO COOL!" Zach exclaimed. Tyler punched him in the chest while Zach looked generally happy and foolish, but cute.

"Zach what the hell? THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU JUST SAY!" Tyler glared holes into his best friend.

I couldn't help but laugh.

I laughed and laughed until I couldn't breath anymore. This is the reaction I get from the first people I tell one of my most horrible obstacles? This. Is. Awesome.

Tyler looked at me like I was dying an Zach was trying to catch popcorn from the air in his mouth like this is average, no worries in the world of Zachary at all.

"You guys," I sighed and pointed to both of them "I'm keeping you. You guys are the most intriguing people I have ever met in my entire eventless life"

Tyler smiled and laughed, Zach put the now empty popcorn bowl on the side table and looked me, smirking,

"You could of never gotten rid of us anyways, Finny."

That is how my first ever friend ship started.

A/N

Hey my doods so this took forever to right cuz my laptop was being dumb and I didn't want it to be too cliche.