Eren x Reader: Part 2

As you enter the mess hall, warm aromas of food drift toward you. Sasha begins to drool. Sitting down at a table with your food, you glance towards Eren's usual table. He's there chatting with Armin. Of course, Mikasa is right there by his side. You shudder. That girl was one to fear. She was also the reason why you had never been able to talk to Eren before. She was extremely protective of him. Pulling your eyes away from their table you come across Marco and Jean sitting together. Marco was sweet but Jean was just a plain bitch. He was arrogant and rude. But when he made fun of you, you knew how to keep him in line. You were one of the only ones who knew of his crush on Mikasa. You giggled at the though of Jean ever having a chance with her.

"What's so funny?" asked Sasha. Snapping out of your thoughts, you look back to your friend who had her face stuffed in her food.

"Nothing of importance." you assure her. She shrugs and goes back to her feast. "Hey did you notice that Mikasa is being more wary of the girls than usual?" Sasha glances up at you with confusion. Then she turns to look at Mikasa. She was nearly clinging to Eren, shooting any girl who dared look over a glare that could roast a titan. Sasha shudders and looks down to her food.

"Wonder why..." she murmurs. "Maybe she found out about that little l o v e letter you received."

"Hey.." you warned. Sasha only smirked. Sighing in defeat, you slump down in your seat. Suddenly, it feels as though a raging wildfire was set upon your back. Slowly and cautiously you turn in your seat. Raising your eyes ever so slightly, you sneak a glance at Eren's table. Just as you thought, he was staring right at you with his ocean eyes. As fast as lightning, you whip around and face forward in your seat. Sasha winks. You shoot her a confused glance but your answer is given. Eren got up from his seat and left the mess hall despite Mikasa's subtle protest. Waiting to not look suspicious, you take a few more bites of your dinner but a feeling of nervousness overcomes your appetite so you push your plate away. Without question, Sasha begins to eat it. "I need to go." you announce. Through her constant eating, Sasha says,

"You got this girl! ;D"

Leaving the hall, a wave of cool air hits your face, blowing away the wisps of h/c hair that have fallen from your French braid. Pulling out the note, the wind ruffles the corners a little. You tighten your grip, not wanting to lose it. After reading the note once more, you tuck it back into your jacket pocket. The moon was full that night, illuminating your path to Eren's dorm.

As you trudge down the path, you get lost in your thoughts once more,

It was a beautiful day, the sun shining down on the stone path. You and your brother, who was 2 years older, were playing tag, running down the street as fast as you could.

"Gotcha!" he shouted as he shoved you.

"Watch it ya big goof!" you shout back. But you turn around and proceed in the game. After a while, you and your brother slump back against a wall. You turn to find him with his eyes shut. Shrugging, you turn back to look at the wall. Over the horizon, you saw a few birds fly over. "I wonder what it's like over there." you thought. Suddenly a loud boom split the sky. Jumping to your feet, you shake your brother awake and run to the commotion.

Gathered in the square were many of the town folk, staring in horror at the wall. Following their gaze, your eyes widen in terror. Above the wall was a group of angry clouds. In silent anticipation, you grab your brother's hand. He squeezes back, hard. Then to your utmost horror, a huge hand appeared and gripped the wall. Tears began to roll down your face.

"Titans." you whispered, "They're real." Slowly, a face began to appear. The titan peered down at everyone. No one moved. Then an explosion of rocks, wind, and dust erupted. Screams of the crushed and the cries of mourning families filled your ears as you pulled your brother along. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a boy and girl run towards the houses, leaving their blonde friend behind.

Finding a hiding place for you and your brother, you slump down to the ground with your head on your knees. Your brother whimpers,

"Did that really happen? Y/n did that just happen?" Unable to answer, you cover your ears trying to shut out the screams. Then someone shouts,

"TITANS! THEY'RE IN THE CITY!" You whip your head up in alarm. To confirm the shriek, you hear heavy thumping as the beasts approached. Turning to your brother, you whisper,

"We need to get to the boats. They'll be evacuating."

"Alright." Grabbing your older brother's hand once more, you check to see if the coast is clear. Next you sprint out to the direction of the boats. To your left, a woman screamed but it was horrifyingly cut short. Still running, you hear your brother shout. You look back to see a titan chasing after you. Then the worst happens. He trips over a large rock, yanking his hand out of yours, and crashes to the ground. The titan caught up. Stopping you in your tracks, you turn to grab him but he was already in the hands of the creature. Screaming for it to stop, tears stream down. Your brother smiles and screams, "GO! Y/n GO!!!!" Knowing to obey, you turn and run. The last thing you hear is him screaming but he says something...

"I LOVE YOU!" he screams before it's cut off by the wet, sickening snap of jaws closing on your brother, your only family. You manage to make it on the boat but his last words were still ringing in your head as you screamed.

Back in the present, you find yourself at Eren's door. It seemed at though the walk had taken years. You notice that there are a few tears on your face. Frantically you take your sleeve and wipe them away. Taking in a deep breath, you raise your fist to knock on the door. After one slight tap, the door flings open. Standing there is the boy you've loved for years. His brown hair was all tousled as if he was trying to make it presentable before you arrived but to no success. His ocean eyes stared into your e/c ones. he looked overjoyed. Eren's face lit up like the 4th of July, then he let out a large sigh. His voice went over you like a wave of warmth as he said with relief,

"You came."