Part 20: Jihyong

The next few chapters will be just about how things were before

This is sorta how I would picture Jihyong (Kim Min Jong 45), except maybe with softer features. But this is close enough.

Jihyong
Age: 38(current age)

Age 19 in this chapter

19 years ago(from present time)

"Hello Jia!" Jihyong picked you up out of your cot.

You giggled and squirmed as he tickled your tummy.

He laughed as you tried to tickle him back.

"You're so cute!" He hugged you tightly. He stopped and looked at you with sad eyes.

"O-Oppa needs to go somewhere, somewhere far away from this place." He held your tiny hands.

He looked up trying not to cry in front of you.

"I-I'm sorry I can't p-protect you, and everyone." He couldn't hold back his tears anymore, he was quietly sobbing while you were in his arms.

Eventually, the crying stopped and was just sniffling.

He stared deeply into your eyes, he loved you and your siblings so much, but he couldn't handle it anymore. He had to leave.

"Stop it Jihyong." He whispered to himself when he felt tears coming back. You looked at him, confused at his sad face. Your hand reached for his face and tried wiping away the tears in his cheeks.

He smiled back at your concern for him. Jihyong stood in your nursery for another 10 minutes until you slowly fell asleep in his arms, he slowly placed back into the cot. He stared at your cute chubby face.

"I will come back for you, Jisu a-and Jiyoung." He closed the door to the nursery and started walking out the door quietly making sure to not wake the household.

As he stepped outside he breathed out.

"I will come back for you, Jisu and Jiyoung."

He squeezed his eyes shut, he knew he might not be able to keep the promise, he never wants to come back to this hell hole. He started walking further and further away from the house.

10 years later

Jihyong pov

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife."

I leaned in and kissed my beautiful wife.

"I love you Jihyong." She whispered.

"I love you too Jaehee." I hugged her tightly around her waist.

"And you too bubby." I patted my wife's baby bump gently.

I was smiling like an idiot when the ceremony was over. I felt happy, like everything has finally fallen into place.

Everyone was on the floor dancing while I sat there next to the most important being next to me.