Going to Try

"What the-" I stopped myself before I could finish my sentence. Looking around the memories of last night came back to me. After the "breakdown" I made Ethan take me back to his apartment. We just sat awkwardly for a while, but then he was tired, so he told me where the spare blankets were and left for his room. I didn't even get a chance to really look around this place I was so nervous. Tilting my head side-to-side to look around not only produced a loud POP, I got a decent view of the tiny living room and kitchen. Both rooms were painted a toned down shade of blue and each had some eclectic looking furniture. Hell, the couch I had been sleeping on had so much floral print my grandma would be offended. The kitchen island stools were similar to the retro ones you see in games. Everything I could see so far was quite odd, but it pulled together nicely. It felt much more like a home than my cramped living quarters.
A creaking noise came from behind me, causing me to spin around and fall off the couch. A muted laugh sounded from where the creak came from and common sense filled in the rest. Ethan's door was behind the couch and he just came out. "Uh, hi!" I spoke loudly as I made my way to standing up. My jeans were a bit tight and apparently getting into my hands and feet, butt in the air, was not the correct way to go about this task. I didn't want to fall, but I had no way up. "Uhm." Once again I was the first one to say something. "Oh, yeah. Okay. Just kinda let yourself fall. I can help you back up I guess." Ethan's talking turned into mumbling the longer it went on. "Okay, sure" With that I picked up my hands and plummeted to the ground. There was probably a much easier way of going about that, but I didn't choose it. "Hmph." I muttered into the floor before flipping around. As soon as I did I wished I hadn't. Ethan was directly above me, staring me down. Then, he snapped out and reached out a hand. I grabbed it and used him to pull myself up. Once again, not a great idea as I only ended up pulling him down. Which pulled him directly towards me. And I was still laying on the ground, so he just fell on top of me. As if that wasn't awkward enough, we both still had to get up. "Oh," Ethan muttered and then maneuvered his hands to my sides so he could push himself up. "Well, that was awkward. Since we're already there, let's talk about last night." I made eye contact with Ethan. "Uhm," before Ethan could finish his sentence I cut him off. "Okay. First I don't need to know what caused it, but I need to know if you can let me help." I looked hopefully towards him, internally praying that he would let me. Something about the blue boy made me want to help even though I had zero experience. "I doubt you'll be able to." Ethan stared at the ground angrily. "Then let's make a deal. I spend thirty days with you. Each day I give you a different reason to live. At the end, if I changed anything, you don't try again. If it doesn't change anything, I'll leave you alone. Is that okay?" I don't know where the idea came from, but it made sense to me. "Yeah, fine. It probably won't change anything though." The blue boy sounded terribly disappointed, like he had already given up long ago. I wanted to promise I would change his mind, however I knew that wouldn't help much. Plus it wasn't something I could promise. "I'm going to try. Also, would you rather me go home, or um... stay here?" "You can stay here if you want, I guess." Once again, he mumbled at the ground. "I do have to go to work though, so this might be a boring day for you." That was fine with me, I told Ethan as much and then left to go get some things from my house. "I'll see you later Ethan!"

A.N
This is a kind of short chapter. I had to go to my dads house this weekend, so I wrote this on my phone. Sorry for mistakes. (Also I switched the p.o.v in this chapter. I'll definitely work on updating more often. Thanks guys <3