Chapter 4: Rain

Prepare for ta fluff!!!!

*******

That night

"James!"

"Alexander!"

It was pouring out. Houses were flooded. Trees knocked over.

A hurricane.

Alexander stood on slightly higher land, reaching out for his brother. "James grab my hand!" Alexander called. James reached for his brother's hand. Right when their hands were about to meet, a wave crashed over James head.

He's gone.

"No. No no no." Alexander shook his head, balling up in fetal position.

"No no no no no no no no."

Alexander woke up to someone shaking him, and a bang of thunder. He curled up into a ball. Arms wrapped around him.

"Shh, I know I know." John ran his fingers through Alexander's hair. Alexander hugged John and sobbed into his shoulder.

Alexander shook in John's arms. He kissed the top of Alexander's head, causing him to blush and calm down a little.

Alexander's face rested in John's shoulder. He had stopped crying, but he still flinched when the thunder boomed again.

That was the last of the thunder they heard that night.

{Time skip because the author is lazy}

Alexander woke up in John's arms. The rain tapping the window sounded like a handful of rice falling onto a drum. It didn't bother him though. John's embrace was enough to make him feel safe.

John started to wake up slowly. When finally fully awake, he looked at Alexander and smiled. "Morning." He said, followed by a yawn. Alexander kissed his nose. "Good morning." He responded.

"You feeling better." John questioned. Alexander nodded, then looked back at the window. The noise of the rain somehow calmed him. This gave John an idea.

John climbed out of bed and pulled out some clothes. Alexander looked at him, puzzled. "What are you doing?" He asked while John was changing. He pulled on his shoes and tossed Alexander some clothes, which Alexander put on.

Alexander laced up his shoes as John zipped up his raincoat. He handed Alexander a raincoat. John grabbed Alexander's wrist and pulled him out the dorm and down the halls. They ran down the stairs and to some double doors. "Where are we going?" Alexander questioned. "You see." Said John, as he smirked. He pushed open the door and held it for Alexander.

They walked out the doors and to the sidewalk, where they hailed a cab. The cab took them to a park. John paid the driver and got out of the cab, followed by Alexander.

"What are we doing at the park?" Alexander said as he pulled his hood up. John pulled something out of the bushes. A ball. "Herc, Laf, and I always ball here." He said as he tossed the ball to Alexander.

They tossed the ball back and forth, then put the ball back when it became boring. Instead of ball, they went on a walk.

Alexander took his hood off and let the rain hit his face. John looked at Alexander and blushed. He intertwined his fingers with Alexander's. Alexander looked at him blushing. "I, um, have a question." "Yes?" Asked Alexander. John picked a flower from a bush. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He asked. Alexander quickly nodded. "Yes!" He practically yelled.

John put the flower behind Alexander's ear and kissed him. Alexander wrapped his arms around the back of his neck, earning a few 'awwws' from a group of girls who desided to run while it was raining. They pulled apart and held hands as they walked home.

John opened the door to the dorm room followed by a worried baguette. "Mes amis where have you been?? We have been trying to call you for the past deux hour-" He stopped when he saw Alexander and John holding hands.

Lafayette took a long gasp, before sqealing like a six year old girl when she sees a pony. "HERCCC!" He yelled running into another room.

{Another time skip}

Alexander listened to the drizzle smack the window. He and John where laying on the couch. John held his boyfriend close, as Alexander rested his head into his chest. He pulled the hairtie out of Alexander's hair and stared to braid strands of his hair then unbraiding it repeatedly.

Alexander took the flower from behind his ear and looked at it. He smiled. Being orphaned for so long, he didn't have a lot of experience with someone caring for him. John looked down at Alexander. "You ok?" He questioned. Alexander kissed the tip of John's nose. "I couldn't be better, dearest." He grinned as John blushed.

Alexander looked back out the window. "I guess it's gonna rain all day." John said, turning his head towards the window. "Mhm." Alexander hummed. "You're not scared?" He asked. "No. It's only light rain. It'll go away soon." Alexander closed his eyes for a moment, letting the sound of the rain sink in. He felt something wrap around his waist and pull him close.

John kissed Alexander on the temple as he opened his eyes. Alexander rested his head back on John's chest. Alexander pulled the blanket off the top of the couch and put it over them. John soon fell asleep, while Alexander stayed up a little long listening to the rain once more.

"James!"

"Alexander!"

Alexander thought about the experiences he has had with rain.

James reached for his brother's hand.

Almost all of them were bad.

Right when their hands were about to meet, a wave crashed over James' head.

Almost all of them.

He intertwined his fingers with Alexander's. Alexander looked at him blushing. "I, um, have a question." "Yes?" Asked Alexander. John picked a flower from a bush. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He asked. Alexander quickly nodded. "Yes!" He practically yelled.

But..

John put the flower behind Alexander's ear and kissed him. Alexander wrapped his arms around the back of his neck,

..something told him that experiencing rain wasn't always bad, he thought as he drifted of to sleep.

983 words