Chapter 7: That One Memory

{Warning:Abuse}

Today was John's 10th birthday, and he was tell his father about his crush in class. His mother brushed through his dark brown curls, humming a song to him. John could hardly sit still. He was excited and wanted acceptance from his father. "Jacky, hold still for a moment please." His mother asked, in a soft voice. "How can I? You know how long I've waited to tell him." A wide smile was set across the young boy's face.

His mother smiled to her son. "I know, but be careful with how you say it. Promise?" She tied his hair into a high ponytail. "I promise ma." John stood and pecked his mother on the cheek, skipping out of the room.

He wandered down the hallway to his father's office and knocked lightly on the glass door. "Pa?" Henry Laurens looked up from his paperwork. "Ah. Hello Jack. How has your birthday been so far?" He said with a light grin. "Um, g-good." A sudden wave of nervousness went over John. "I need to tell you something." He said, placing himself in a chair by his father's desk. "What is it son?" John fiddled his thumbs together. "I-I like someone." Henry perked his head up with joy. "That's great! What's her name?" He put an elbow on his desk, proping is chin up. "U-uh. His name is Jared-"

Slap

That slap is what woke him up. John examined the room he was in. White ceiling. White walls. White sheets. A rock for a mattress. He didn't remember any of this. Where he was or how he got there, was swipped from his memory.

John shook it off as he saw three men walk into the room. One of which almost knocked him off the bed, ingulfing him into a tight hug. Laurens blushed a crimson red. This boy was cute, but he shook that off his shoulders and glanced at the dark haired boy. "I'm so glad you're alright!" He said cheerfully.

John glanced at the rest of the group with a confused expression. They were all smiling at him, so he smiled back. It was like they read him like a book. They knew the smile was fake. Their faces fell.

"Mon ami-" One said with a strong French accent. "Are you alright?" John looked at the French one. He slight nodded. "Yeah, but I have a question." The cute one stopped cubbying his face in Laurens shoulder. His face was filled with worry. "What is it?" He asked. "Who are you?"

The one hugging him climbed off of John. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. "W-what do you mean? I'm Alexander. Your boyfriend. How do you not remeber??" Alexander sniffled, holding his tears back. John felt guilty. "I-I don't know. You all look familiar! But it's all a blur.." John looked down at his hands. Alexander felt tears stream out of his eyes. John couldn't remember him? Was he going to be like this forever? 'This is my fault.." Alexander thought, looking at his shoes. 'This wouldn't have happened if I had of ignored Jefferson-' His thought was cut off by someone pulling him into a hug.

Alexander looked up and noticed John standing with his arms around him. More tears streamed down his face, as he hugged the other back. Alex buried his face into Laurens' shoulder. "I'm sorry that I can't remember. They just told be what happened. Maybe you can help me remember?" Alexander nodded and pecked John on the cheek, causing John to become a bright red.

The doctor awed at the two and handed them a prescription. The boys took the orange bottle and headed out of the hospital.

626 words

Lilo and Stitch reference-